Game Thread - #10 Notre Dame at #25 Louisville (10/7/23)

• 5 months later...

Like it or not ND will play 7 games before their first bye. In every timezone, with every style offense and defense, this game is a gut check. Another night road game. We're injured, especially at playmaker. Gotta just find a way to win. 1 point win is fine. This is year 2 not year 5. Lets gut it out as fans, too!!!!!!

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

Interested to get the injury updates on Monday. If they don’t get a few WR back the O will probably sputter again. Oline needs to help get that running game going again and maybe Parker can get creative in his play calling. For a couple drives there I thought I was watching horrible predictable Fisher DeBerry BS from my college days. 

just get a win and move onto USC. Their D is not that great but the team will have to score a lot of points to keep up that O. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

@Mike as usual just bumped not pinned. Remember this rhythm. Every year I'd like the game discussion list on the side like this year. You are brilliant. Thanks for being you!

Thanks for the feedback on it! We'll carry this method over, for sure. 🙌

I think ND looks better against Louisville.  I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling they might still have had the OSU game on their minds last night.  Maybe they overlooked Duke after just putting a beating on OSU in the trenches all night last week.  I hope the boys actually come out against Louisville pissed the frig off because of the way they played against Duke.  Which is how they should have came out last night against Duke because of the loss to OSU.

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I think ND looks better against Louisville.  I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling they might still have had the OSU game on their minds last night.  Maybe they overlooked Duke after just putting a beating on OSU in the trenches all night last week.  I hope the boys actually come out against Louisville pissed the frig off because of the way they played against Duke.  Which is how they should have came out last night against Duke because of the loss to OSU.

Well said. I thought they came out great on the first drive, but that really fell off afterwards. Another night road game against an undefeated top 25 opponent. Don’t think they’re as good as Duke, but again this is another Super Bowl for the opponent and they’ll come ready. The hate I’ve received from my ND hater friends that talked shit all night, then disappeared, then reappeared this morning makes that win worth it.  They can’t stand that I’m throwing another undefeated top 25 team coming up in their faces since “ND doesn’t play anyone because they’re not in a conference”

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, mcgov12 said:

Well said. I thought they came out great on the first drive, but that really fell off afterwards. Another night road game against an undefeated top 25 opponent. Don’t think they’re as good as Duke, but again this is another Super Bowl for the opponent and they’ll come ready. The hate I’ve received from my ND hater friends that talked shit all night, then disappeared, then reappeared this morning makes that win worth it.  They can’t stand that I’m throwing another undefeated top 25 team coming up in their faces since “ND doesn’t play anyone because they’re not in a conference”

That makes everything so much sweeter.

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

Helps that Freeman has played against a tempo offense like Louisville in UNC the last few years

Golden does some things that are really creative against the read option.

We saw the "crash stunt" if you will vs Duke. They crash the back on purpose, forcing the QB to keep, than roll the tackle over to meet the QB.

If you can eliminate an option it becomes such a defendable play.

• Leprechaun 1

I may be mistaken, but I believe Freeman was the DC when we played Purdue last time, so he should be familiar with Jeff Brohm’s O. Assuming it hasn’t changed all that much. 

Louisville hasn’t opened with a tough schedule - Ga Tech, Indiana and NC St the best of the bunch.

ND should win this, pulling away in the 2nd half. 

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1