Game Thread - #11 Notre Dame at #17 Duke (9/30/23)

Well, speaking of effing Duke... 

I've watched them twice anticipating the matchup.  And although I love QB RileyLeonard for his effort and athleticism. I really think ND's defense is going to put it on him.  He can buy time, but he's not super accurate from there, and not quite fast enough, either.

I think it's a good matchup for us.  I just hope the team isn't as emotionally drained as we are after Ohio State.  It was always a trap game either way, though.

Edited by JeffV
  • Heart 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Is it just me or are Duke fans incredibly annoying regardless of sport 

Yup, which is why I hope Notre Dame destroy’s Duke and brings that whole organization back to reality!

It’s like, how bout you act like you’ve been here before. Oh, wait…

28 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Not sure I understand the bl0wjobfest over Duke receivers that I’ve been hearing. Our corners more than held their own last week against the best group in the country

Just ESPN pushing their narrative.  It’s good for ND though.  It’ll look better when our secondary shuts them down. 

• Heart 1

So far this weekend is looking pretty good. 

• Louisville won last night so that guarantees they’re undefeated when ND plays them. 
  • Utah lost last night so that’s a team removed from in front of us. 
  • USC won today and stayed undefeated.
  • Texas and Kansas is a close game at the half.  Hopefully Kansas can pull it off. 

Sucks Penn State and Michigan rolled again.  Irish need to keep their foot on the gas all night tonight.  

• Leprechaun 1

7 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Oh shit just realized Georgia and Auburn are also tied at the half. 

Yeah, I saw that too. Georgia normally take a while to get going, but I feel this will be a close game since it’s such a big rivalry!

• Heart 1