Game Thread - #10 Notre Dame at NC State (9/9/23)

Just now, jessemoore97 said:

We had 100 for a week early/mid August with humidity putting heat index around 110-115 for days.  Not very fun for a cop with a vest on let me tell you.

Yikes. I’m in warehousing and logistics and I’m glad I’m not in an on site position anymore. Don’t miss those days

Just now, mcgov12 said:

Yikes. I’m in warehousing and logistics and I’m glad I’m not in an on site position anymore. Don’t miss those days

Yeah I hated getting out of my AC in my squad that week.  I switched to days thus year after being on nights/midnight for about 24 years.  It's been an adjustment working with sun and heat beating down on you during daytime.

5 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

I like him as a coach and his old school coaching, but don’t want to see a basically all free agent and new player team have rousing success that would create some copycats 

Old school is fine but he is anything but old school in my book. Hate the flamboyance. He and all his player just need to shut their mouth and play the game.  Do your talking with their pads.  

Agree with the free agent and copycats though.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Old school is fine but he is anything but old school in my book. Hate the flamboyance. He and all his player just need to shut their mouth and play the game.  Do your talking with their pads.  

Agree with the free agent and copycats though.  

Only talking about his coaching and I totally agree with you. He’s very old school in his coaching, everything else not so much

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jessemoore97 said:

Grass has been all brown and not growing cause of drought.

We got a ton of rain here in Colorado this spring and summer season, and it’s so green! Normally it’s not, and is usually super dry. It helped our drought big time, so that was great! They are already predicting a brutal winter though! 😬😂

7 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

Yeah I hated getting out of my AC in my squad that week.  I switched to days thus year after being on nights/midnight for about 24 years.  It's been an adjustment working with sun and heat beating down on you during daytime.

Sfternoons my whole career. I know what that's like LOL

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Baldy said:

We got a ton of rain here in Colorado this spring and summer season, and it’s so green! Normally it’s not, and is usually super dry. It helped our drought big time, so that was great! They are already predicting a brutal winter though! 😬😂

Yeah our spring was dry after April, and killed fishing this summer with water levels down.  Suspect the arsons, err forest fires from "climate change" had a bit to do with it.  It was hazy alot since May through July.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

Just now, mcgov12 said:

God bless any of you in law enforcement with the way people are today. It’s bad enough managing people, I can’t even imagine how bad it is dealing with people that can’t be decent citizens 

Thanks.  My wife says I should be a counselor after I retire, in hopefully 7 years, because I can talk to people so good.  I said no way, at least they give me a gun as an officer lol.

• Laughing Leprechaun 2