Domer Domain Announcements & Updates (2023)

I have been a member for 10 years now, and I used to hardly access or post because the old site design made it such a pain for me to navigate.  The reason was I only used my smart phone, and never accessed through the web, due to convenience and time, of course.

I’ll just say, I love everything about Domer Domain now, along with the new App!  I mean, the quick access buttons at the bottom make navigating the site so easy, specifically for your smart phone!  I check and post often now, and the notification and follow topic features are great for staying up to date too!

So thank you, Mike, for making this site so much better than it used to be!  I just love it!

And of course, I love having conversations when it comes to Notre Dame sports, mostly football, or sports and anything else in general, with all of you!  😁

#domerdomainforlife

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 1

2 hours ago, Baldy said:

I have been a member for 10 years now, and I used to hardly access or post because the old site design made it such a pain for me to navigate.  The reason was I only used my smart phone, and never accessed through the web, due to convenience and time, of course.

I’ll just say, I love everything about Domer Domain now, along with the new App!  I mean, the quick access buttons at the bottom make navigating the site so easy, specifically for your smart phone!  I check and post often now, and the notification and follow topic features are great for staying up to date too!

So thank you, Mike, for making this site so much better than it used to be!  I just love it!

And of course, I love having conversations when it comes to Notre Dame sports, mostly football, or sports and anything else in general, with all of you!  😁

#domerdomainforlife

There an app?  Where the heck have I been?  I cant find it.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

29 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

There an app?  Where the heck have I been?  I cant find it.

Oh, yeah!  There’s another thread explaining how to do it, which is how I was able to get it.  I’ll see if I can find it for you.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:12 AM, TexasDomer said:

If I comment on a thread, does the website now automatically set me to following the thread?  I’m getting notifications as if someone has commented specifically on -my- post, but instead they just added a comment in general.

On 2/20/2023 at 12:41 PM, Rocketsan said:

same for me and my inbox was flooded for my email all of a sudden...

With the theme design, the notifications reset back to the forum default, where you follow threads you post in. You should be able to change the notification settings in your profile.

I'll see if I can slow down the frequency because I'm facing the same issue. 

On 2/23/2023 at 3:05 PM, Irish-scoop said:

So it took 3 days until I had to log back in . In order to post .  how can that be changed to..when you log in ...  you dont get logged out ..  or is that just how it is ?

As Texas said, that would likely be a browser setting. If you clear your cookies/history, that would log you out as well. 

Ahhhhhh you know what ???    I always read our local newspaper online and I get five articles for free ...and then I have to clear history and all that in order to get another five articles...   thats probably why I get logged out ...  I NEVER would have made that connection.   Thank you lol. ..

• Heart 3

Yeah, having the App makes things so much easier, and you won’t have to deal with all the web browser drama!  🤣  And I’ve only had to log in once since I started using it almost two months ago, so you’ll stayed logged in forever!  😆

Edited by Baldy

4 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Whats name of said app?  Is it ran by the same fella here?  Or multiple fellas here?

It's pretty much the exact version of the mobile experience, but without the extra browser stuff. It's not on the app stores yet, but I might add it down the road. For now, this is how to add it to your phone, but it's pretty straightforward.

Similarly, you can add it via PC browsers as well:

image.png

• Heart 1

On 2/25/2023 at 7:04 PM, Mike said:

It's pretty much the exact version of the mobile experience, but without the extra browser stuff. It's not on the app stores yet, but I might add it down the road. For now, this is how to add it to your phone, but it's pretty straightforward.

Similarly, you can add it via PC browsers as well:

image.png

Got it!  Thanks everyone for the help!

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

so has all football content been merged?

I think the idea is make the hotest discussion the easiest to get to. So if its football its football, You see how recent replies are up top of the forum page. So the thread that most users are talking about this moment is up top.

Our most popular recruiting threads are year to date threads that big does. So they are easy to get to. So yeah organized by whats popular in any moment.

• Heart 1