Domer Domain Announcements & Updates (2023)

9 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

you misunderstood my comment...I welcome ads

Thanks for the clarification. The comment about the heart and soul of the forums being gone had me thinking it was sarcasm. Sorry for the misunderstood, @Rocketsan

I'm trying to bring the heart and soul back, and I have to be proactive with it. Thank you for welcoming the necessary ads. I hope I get them to a place where they are not in the way of what you come here for.

I've been a lurker and then an actual member for a few years or so... ive never once felt like there were to many adds...   only thing I've kinda disliked is when there is a change on how the site is navigated ..other than that ,   the speed at which accurate info is put out  top notch..  the conversations are great .. .  People are almost always courteous and disagreements dont turn into a crap show...

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

Dude, I've dedicated 20 years to this board...anything to keep it afloat...it's understandable that there will be ebbs and flows...

Thank you, from the bottom of me heart. I really appreciate the openness as I figure out a balance.

12 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

I've been a lurker and then an actual member for a few years or so... ive never once felt like there were to many adds...   only thing I've kinda disliked is when there is a change on how the site is navigated ..other than that ,   the speed at which accurate info is put out  top notch..  the conversations are great .. .  People are almost always courteous and disagreements dont turn into a crap show...

Also thank you for dropping a line! It's great to know where people stand, good and bad.

The people here are amazing, and I'm very fortunate that there isn't a huge need to moderate members outside of a heads up here and there. But that's a rarity, and usually the aftermath of a big upset, so expected.

The navigation did get pretty bad at one point. Some of it helped get to where we are now, but I definitely made some missteps there. Do you have any thoughts on where it is, now? I'm still making tweaks to try and make it easier to navigate / get season-ready, but the meat and potatoes should remain mostly the same.

If you don't have anymore thoughts on it, that's absolutely fine, too. Every bit is helpful. Thank you again!

Well I just roll with the punches..  ill adapt to however it is ran ...     I would mention that a potential new member may not understand that he or she might have to click the three bars up top in order to find other football related tabs and discussions .    Unless im doing it all wrong lol..  

24 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Well I just roll with the punches..  ill adapt to however it is ran ...     I would mention that a potential new member may not understand that he or she might have to click the three bars up top in order to find other football related tabs and discussions .    Unless im doing it all wrong lol..  

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm assuming you mean on mobile? I spent a lot of time trying to simplify the navigation on Mobile & Desktop, but not overdo it. I'll drop the General forums into the mobile navigation to see how 5 buttons work, but that's probably the max I feel comfortable with.

I'll get that added soon, and if you have any additional thoughts, feel free to share. Thanks again!

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm always up for helping add some clarity too, so I'll share some navigational tidbits below:

On desktop, all the forums are at the top for easy navigation.

Those links cover the content across all the forums, believe it or not. Language may change, but content will not. 

image.jpeg

On mobile, you should see easy navigation buttons at the bottom.

Clicking sports will show you all Notre Dame forums in one place. You also have the option to just filter the Notre Dame forums you want to see on one page.

image.jpeg

image.png

Well I assure you... this forum is awesome!!   I wish I had inside info I could share and make it that much better...but a few here seem to have that taken care of...   they make me sound like I have the connections when talking with friends hahaha...     keep up the good work

• Heart 1

I appreciate the efforts to improve the site, but I don't prefer the latest layout.  The one right before this - with tabs for football, recruiting, etc. at the top was great.  Now there is too much to scroll through at the top.

Ads work for me, and I agree they work well to keep the site going.

Edited by D Fence
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, D Fence said:

I appreciate the efforts to improve the site, but I don't prefer the latest layout.  The one right before this - with tabs for football, recruiting, etc. at the top was great.  Now there is too much to scroll through at the top.

Ads work for me, and I agree they work well to keep the site going.

Thanks @D Fence. And don't worry, I have you covered! You should click this button on the homepage to see what happens 👀

Screenshot_20230215-221230.png

10 minutes ago, SpeedsterX said:

I don't mind the ads per se, but when they get in the way of doing things while on the site is when they can get to be a pain. I agree with Rocket, use as many as needed. It's just placement that would be my main concern.

I'm doing my best to accommodate the placements, and I only have the absolute essentials on for members. A few of the more annoying are setup to only show for guests. 

You've been a big help in helping me balance it.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

If I comment on a thread, does the website now automatically set me to following the thread?  I’m getting notifications as if someone has commented specifically on -my- post, but instead they just added a comment in general.

same for me and my inbox was flooded for my email all of a sudden...

7 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

If I comment on a thread, does the website now automatically set me to following the thread?  I’m getting notifications as if someone has commented specifically on -my- post, but instead they just added a comment in general.

Same here….you can just go to the top of the page to the green follow button and turn that feature off

It has all changed again i see ...looking forward to it.. 

So an idea just popped up..   I have to login quite often in order to comment...   is there any way to make it to where if you login ... you simply stay logged in?    Rather than finishing a post and then realizing it won't post because I've been logged out