Seriously Overpaid Coaches

3 hours ago, coltssb said:

Sigh. Here we go again. You asked for names and it doesn’t fit your narrative so it’s not realistic. 
Coaches get bored and like to try new things all the time. Although unlikely, it’s not unheard of. Harbaugh almost left for Minnesota this last season.  He’s already jumped to three different schools. So he’s been willing. Day has been talked about numerous times of waiting for that perfect NFL job. Leopold has won everywhere he’s been. Just like Kelly. May need that school to give him a chance. 
Look, Jimbo was never going to leave his FSU where he coached many years. It happened. Kelly said you have to back the brinks truck up for him to leave. It happened. Saban wasn’t going to Alabama. He wasn’t leaving LSU. He wasn’t going to Miami. It happened. 
This day and age nothing is unrealistic. Riley was happy at Oklahoma till they gave him a private plane. Do I continue?   

lol..

Harbaugh got PO'd at BOT, and thought about a return to NFL. That's not a lateral within CFB. 

Day isn't leaving OSU. OSU is easily a top 5 program. He might jump to NFL, but again, not a lateral in CFB. 

Buffalo and KS are not enough (resume). Sorry. He'll need more years for a program like TAMU. 

ND is very unique. Trying to compare ND to a top SEC or top B10 program, is banana to tomato. Especially now. 

But true... $$ talks loudest. But.... OSU and UM would likely match. TAMU has a bunch $$. Already spending. 

9 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

lol..

Harbaugh got PO'd at BOT, and thought about a return to NFL. That's not a lateral within CFB. 

Day isn't leaving OSU. OSU is easily a top 5 program. He might jump to NFL, but again, not a lateral in CFB. 

Buffalo and KS are not enough (resume). Sorry. He'll need more years for a program like TAMU. 

ND is very unique. Trying to compare ND to a top SEC or top B10 program, is banana to tomato. Especially now. 

But true... $$ talks loudest. But.... OSU and UM would likely match. TAMU has a bunch $$. Already spending. 

Hey, I don’t care what Texas ATM does. If they want to keep throwing money away on a coach that’s never going to win it(Kelly with ND) that’s their prerogative. They have to decide if 9-10 wins is enough or move on. 

On 10/5/2022 at 8:48 AM, coltssb said:

Hey, I don’t care what Texas ATM does. If they want to keep throwing money away on a coach that’s never going to win it(Kelly with ND) that’s their prerogative. They have to decide if 9-10 wins is enough or move on. 

Don't care either. I'm a just a realist. 

2 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

On this topic... remind me when you're right... 

I can predict butthurtitis pretty well... 

I could say I’ve been right about David Shaw being a fake when everyone was saying he’s a great coach. I’ve been saying Jimbo I’d a fake. I said Harbaugh was head over heels better than Kelly when Harbaugh was still trying to figure out Michigans woes. I said Fleck was going to do really well at Minnesota. The only one I’ve been wrong about was Mike McCarthy at Colorado. But since he’s left they’ve been shyt. So I’ll claim that one too. What about?  Kelly still the greatest thing since Knute?  Wait, he’s better because he beat his record, right?  Should we tear down touchdown Jesus and re-erect Kelly in his place?  Being that he was the second coming and all?  
Look, to sit here with a straight face after the past two seasons and actually assume  you know diddly squat about what a coach is going to do or what’s on his mind is redonkulous. It’s all about the money right now in the world. Kids, coaches, administrators, athletic directors, schools….someone gives you the green you’re most likely gone. This Neanderthal approach that coaches are loyal to schools and players and that no coach will take a lateral move is non-sense. This isn’t 2019 anymore. 

11 hours ago, coltssb said:

I could say I’ve been right about David Shaw being a fake when everyone was saying he’s a great coach. I’ve been saying Jimbo I’d a fake. I said Harbaugh was head over heels better than Kelly when Harbaugh was still trying to figure out Michigans woes. I said Fleck was going to do really well at Minnesota. The only one I’ve been wrong about was Mike McCarthy at Colorado. But since he’s left they’ve been shyt. So I’ll claim that one too. What about?  Kelly still the greatest thing since Knute?  Wait, he’s better because he beat his record, right?  Should we tear down touchdown Jesus and re-erect Kelly in his place?  Being that he was the second coming and all?  
Look, to sit here with a straight face after the past two seasons and actually assume  you know diddly squat about what a coach is going to do or what’s on his mind is redonkulous. It’s all about the money right now in the world. Kids, coaches, administrators, athletic directors, schools….someone gives you the green you’re most likely gone. This Neanderthal approach that coaches are loyal to schools and players and that no coach will take a lateral move is non-sense. This isn’t 2019 anymore. 

Never been a Shaw fan. But to fair, he's a good coach, but not brilliant. But they suffer from recruiting / admission. 

Never been a Jimbo fan. I understand why he was a choice by TAMU, to go SECW. It's about options, or lack of. 

Harbaugh - early to crown him... He's got one W over OSU since 2015 (6 years)... Does it mean he "figured" it out at 1/6?

I do like Fleck, but the B10W is super weak. And Fleck/MN is inconsistent at times. IIRC, lost to MAC last year. 

And I was never a BK worshipper.... But you ignore all the good, and go 100% hate lol... 

Let me when those big name guys take a lateral to go SECW from one of the top programs in B10 (unless it gets bad lol)