The LSU Game Thread

1 minute ago, coltssb said:

Ha. McElroy said he wants to see more variety on offense, bunch formation, motion. It’s been vanilla. Well, McElroy. Get used to it. That’s all he’s got. 

I can’t remember, but weren’t his Cinci teams very hard to defend? He was always known for his hurry up offence but we never saw it at ND. I’m not sure how creative they were, however they put up a ton of points. 

Maybe the Big East was just that bad? I just find it hard to believe he was the hottest offensive coach in 2009 and that’s what we got. 

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, ndomer4 said:

I can’t remember, but weren’t his Cinci teams very hard to defend? He was always known for his hurry up offence but we never saw it at ND. I’m not sure how creative they were, however they put up a ton of points. 

Maybe the Big East was just that bad? I just find it hard to believe he was the hottest offensive coach in 2009 and that’s what we got. 

He was known more for big plays then tempo. He will go tempo with a running QB but his "Claim to fame"  is vanilla 4 verticals.

41 minutes ago, BadWeatherMan said:

The $10 million lemon coach and another reason I'm supposed to pay off some dumb college kid's debt.

Are you mad about that or paying off small businesses and politicians PPP loans?  Or the auto industry a few years ago?  Or the airline industry?  Or the banks?  Or Wall Street?  Which one out of all those cost you more?  

Now back on topic. BK’s teams all look the same. Lack of confidence, no adjustments, no variety on offense, no idea on how to use the talent he has. Don’t worry, he’s got ten years to figure it out. I’m sure he’ll get them to a championship game in that time only to get clobbered by equal talent. 

13 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

If only ND could get a play caller like that…

We had one…Chip Long was part of the U of Memphis crew that called just like Norvell.  Book and Wimbush were too damn dumb to make the right reads which sent Chip through the roof and ultimately sent him on his way for being toxic.  But, I’m just saying…we had what FSU currently has…

14 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

If only ND could get a play caller like that…

We’ll hopefully Tommy is watching but I don’t think these guys watch other games during the season. There’s so much variety and formations out there that you shouldn’t continue to call the same shotgun RPO crap over and over. Time to mix it up Tommy!

1 minute ago, irishwavend said:

Even my buddies who hate Notre Dame are busting on Kelly and what a moron he is…we got lucky the way things went down.

I wanted him gone after the 2016 debacle. But I will say the guy did some nice things at ND and I’m not butt hurt about it.  However, the man just couldn’t motivate or beat a team with better talent to save his life. That’s why he’s going to lose badly in the SEC. Sabans going to eat his lunch until he retires and some other team like Texas AM, Georgia, Florida, is going to get him yearly. He’ll never win one there. 

4 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Are you mad about that or paying off small businesses and politicians PPP loans?  Or the auto industry a few years ago?  Or the airline industry?  Or the banks?  Or Wall Street?  Which one out of all those cost you more?  

Everything you named is wrong and shouldn’t have been done…I mean, interest free loan…fine.  It’ll be repaid, but forgiving it is wrong.  Every one of those things and the student loan forgiveness is a huge reason inflation won’t resolve and people won’t get off their butts and work.  Those in charge need to stop giving it away…and u forgot the auto bailout…

Anyway, let’s return to LSU sucking butt.

• Heart 1