Chris Smith DT- Harvard transfer just committed

I wonder if he will be a scholarship player or not. Either way, not a bad pickup in my opinion. They need depth along the interior line and it is only for one year. Notre Dame has a few scholarships available for the 2022 roster.

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I wonder if he will be a scholarship player or not. Either way, not a bad pickup in my opinion. They need depth along the interior line and it is only for one year. Notre Dame has a few scholarships available for the 2022 roster.

He diff will be on scholarship 

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, DamshaBua said:

What was his offer list, if any, coming out of HS? Is he a smarter Bruce Heggie? 

Think 10 to 15 snaps a game as a depth piece. Seems Rubio is not ready to play and we need a third guy to eat up snaps 

3 hours ago, DamshaBua said:

What was his offer list, if any, coming out of HS? Is he a smarter Bruce Heggie? 

Big difference in offering a college 5th year for 1 year vs. incoming freshman for 4 years. High school offers really do not mean anything five years later.

For what it is worth, Heggie did get snaps in multiple games during his career.

20 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Big difference in offering a college 5th year for 1 year vs. incoming freshman for 4 years. High school offers really do not mean anything five years later.

For what it is worth, Heggie did get snaps in multiple games during his career.

I know Heggie got a few snaps. That isn't something that ND should be proud of. He is literally the worst ND recruit ever. He didn't have one offer outside of ND. 

I get that it's one year instead of four. But when ND adds "depth", it has been to fill out the roster because they literally can't fill it - and that's astonishing to me. Alabama/Georgia "depth" is too many 4* plus at one position. 

So he's just a guy, and I guess that is fine.