PSA: Swearing isn't a bannable offense.

Mike

On 12/21/2021 at 2:45 PM, ndfanatic78 said:

The only issue with the ignore function is that depending on the person you now have half a topic blocked and it really depreciates the value of the board especially when people are responding to those antagonistic posts. I guess it’s up to each of us to decide whether it’s worth paying attention and continued participation in the board but I can say without a doubt there are a couple of posters that have dominated this board lately that have discouraged me from posting because I don’t feel like getting into shit posting back and forth rather than having valued debate and discussion. 

Sorry. I’ll do a better job with the “@“ somebody. 

On 12/21/2021 at 5:59 PM, TexasDomer said:

Foul language is what you resort to when your vocabulary is inadequate or your position is insupportable.

That said, I use foul language in real life.

I disagree. Depends on a lot of things. I'm college educated, traveled a ton internationally, have a pretty large vocab, don't swear much, but I did when I was young due to where and who I grew up with (Catholic/Irish/German/Italian). I'll still toss several Fs around when I'm hanging with the friends and family I grew up with. The two people that I know who still swear the most, one is a West Point grad, the other an Ivy Leaguer. 

Tomorrow night I will be hanging with some old chums watching the Colts. I look forward to regressing to more primitive times lol. 

On 12/26/2021 at 8:18 AM, JTennant said:

The one Bob & Tom used to sing about.. The pre-Jim Harbaugh days or pre Peyton Manning colts. 

I love the pre-Manning era Colts. I don't do pro football anymore but I always loved the Bills. The Scott Norwood (Ray Finkle) kick against the Giants was a heartbreaker. I think that is where I really stopped loving pro ball and then the next three years it just got worse.

I digress, my point was only that back in those days Indy and New England were the scrubs of the AFC. They were guaranteed Ws. Crazy to see how things have changed over the years.

• 8 months later...

While I don't agree with the censorship to begin with, I get it.  However, we're all mostly men here and if a word offends you then idk how you could be into something like football but anyway...can we at least get the auto change for the "f word" to be either "effing" or "friggin" or "frigging" instead of "friging".  It just doesn't look right lol.

• Cheers 1