Warm Weather Destinations?? Need Help

SDIrishFan

Hey all,

Im wanting to take my family (wife and 11 and 7 year olds) on a warm weather vacation and I’m having a hell of a time picking a spot. Usually I’m pretty good at this.

We’re thinking this spring or fall. 5-7 days likely. Beach and ocean are the priorities. Safety is obviously important.

Hawaii has always been our “dream” so I’m leaning there but it’s overwhelming with prices through the roof and not really knowing which island would be “best”.

Next we were talking the Caribbean somewhere but there’s so many options it gets to be too much. We’ve done Tulum and Cozumel but not sure we’d take our kids there. 

Also have looked at Florida and the Carolinas but not sold on that either. Cruises are a pretty hard pass for us.

anyone have any great recommendations for a family beach destination?

Maybe tell us a little more about what you want to do on this family vacation.  Like what kind of food would you want to eat? What activities are you looking forward?  Do you all have your passports up to date?  All inclusive or not?  Is this a once in a lifetime vacation? Have you considered Italy or maybe Spain? Maybe something unique, the trees in CA are certainly special. 

5 hours ago, gasher said:

Maybe tell us a little more about what you want to do on this family vacation.  Like what kind of food would you want to eat? What activities are you looking forward?  Do you all have your passports up to date?  All inclusive or not?  Is this a once in a lifetime vacation? Have you considered Italy or maybe Spain? Maybe something unique, the trees in CA are certainly special. 

Sure thing. Not really once in a lifetime. I’d like to keep it under $10k if possible.

Beach, sun, relaxing, surfing, paddle boarding, snorkeling, hiking, dolphins maybe. 

all inclusives are fine but not a requirement. My family is more meat and potatoes. My son is very picky with food. Not too exotic for us usually. 

We would need to get kids passports but ours are up to date.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 1:56 PM, SDIrishFan said:

Sure thing. Not really once in a lifetime. I’d like to keep it under $10k if possible.

Beach, sun, relaxing, surfing, paddle boarding, snorkeling, hiking, dolphins maybe. 

all inclusives are fine but not a requirement. My family is more meat and potatoes. My son is very picky with food. Not too exotic for us usually. 

We would need to get kids passports but ours are up to date.

Brings in Florida. Ocean, Theme parks etc

You might be closer to California.

Where have you vacationed already?

• 3 months later...

Native current CA resident here. This is a little late but CA is a hard pass. First, the beach is frickin cold in March, April, May, much of June. Water temps in the low 60s to upper 50's. And its a total nightmare. Crowded, congested, disgusting. 

Man 10k is crazy. My wife and I book through Costco every year to Maui. Usually we go when they have some type of construction because it’s cheaper. But we never had a problem with it so there’s that. Usually costs about 3200-3500. That’s for 7 days. Includes breakfast and a car.  At one of the 4 star resorts. We usually book our favorite restaurants and splurge two nights.  All in all maybe 4 k total for the two of us if we get crazy. But you definitely get cheaper than that.