ND vs. Wake Forest Postponed

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saturday’s Notre Dame at Wake Forest game has been postponed because of COVID issues at Notre Dame</p>— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) <a href="

">September 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame’s new numbers on quarantine (contact tracing) and isolation (positive for COVID-19).<br><br>10 players in quarantine<br>13 players in self-isolation<br><br>Contact tracing means a 14-day absence from football activities. A positive test means a 10-day stop on football activities.</p>— Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="

">September 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This sucks !! Since literally zero college kids have been hospitalized I selfishly wish they didn’t have to test anyone. Obviously if they are sick they should be tested etc. but I would love to ask the players that tested positive if they even knew they had it. Oh well. I hope they recover.

This sucks !! Since literally zero college kids have been hospitalized I selfishly wish they didn’t have to test anyone. Obviously if they are sick they should be tested etc. but I would love to ask the players that tested positive if they even knew they had it. Oh well. I hope they recover.

Not sure it is genuine to say no college kids are impacted. Yes maybe at ND

https://nypost.com/2020/09/08/college-football-player-dies-of-covid-19-complications/

Not sure it is genuine to say no college kids are impacted. Yes maybe at ND

https://nypost.com/2020/09/08/college-football-player-dies-of-covid-19-complications/

This story was retracted already because his former high school and college were made aware that he had underlying conditions and was sidelined by the team long before his covid diagnosis for that reason.

Just sayin....

Edited by echo88

Regardless, it’s minimal. Alcohol poisoning is infinitely more dangerous for college students

Mitch Daniels, President of Purdue, recently mentioned that, based on numbers, there are three or four other causes that he worries more about than Covid in terms of potential student fatalities.

He did not mention the other causes but another web site gave me:

According to the study Causes of Mortality Among College Students, the three most common causes of death among college aged students, ages 18 -24, are accidents, including alcohol related injuries, suicide, and cancer.
Edited by jbrown_9999

This story was retracted already because his former high school and college were made aware that he had underlying conditions and was sidelined by the team long before his covid diagnosis for that reason.

Just sayin....

Fair, but i also think it is disingenuous to say not a single college student has been hospitalized. Obv lower levels, not disputing that... just not 0

Fair, but i also think it is disingenuous to say not a single college student has been hospitalized. Obv lower levels, not disputing that... just not 0

Sure, they've been hospitalized, but I think it's also fair to say that perfectly healthy players with no underlying issues don't make up any of those figures...

If anything, this overarching requirement to test proves that many more people either have it or have had it with zero health complications as a result.

I hear ya, but if a kid keels over from myocarditis then it will be a big issue.

I cant stand the infringement on our rights etc and am outwardly now a staunch conservative/right supporter but this is a novel virus which means there are lots of health externalities that we don't know about and it could be dangerous to let someone infected with an undiagnosed underlying condition.

I hear ya, but if a kid keels over from myocarditis then it will be a big issue.

I cant stand the infringement on our rights etc and am outwardly now a staunch conservative/right supporter but this is a novel virus which means there are lots of health externalities that we don't know about and it could be dangerous to let someone infected with an undiagnosed underlying condition.

Every year, about two college football players die as a result of participating in football. Most are from non-game S&C work-outs.

When you work the numbers, I believe that there is around a 1 in 36,000 chance of dying from playing college football.

To date, this has been deemed an acceptable risk by players, parents, and society given that college football is still played.

Does Covid really present a greater risk than 1 in 36,000 of a player dying from it?