Ivey’s first win!

This team is now loaded with talent. Some transfers are imminent.

2021-22 team is what I'm looking at to compete for a championship again.

Eligibility wise

Seniors - Vaughn, cosgrove

Juniors - Prohaska, Brunelle, Gilbert (I believe), Peoples, Mabrey

sophomores - Westbeld, Campbell, Hayes, Marshall, Abdur-Rahim

Freshmen - Miles, Citron

possible starters - Miles, peoples, westbeld, brunelle, vaughn

next five - Mabrey, Gilbert, Campbell, Citron, Marshall

rest - Hayes, Abdur-Rahim, Prohaska, Cosgrove

Wow! There will be defections! Not enough minutes for those that will deserve them.

Loaded with talent? This is a bubble team with bubble talent.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Not alarming or surprising at all. They all saw the writing on the wall. They aren't going to play. This team has a ton of girls with a lot of eligibility. I'm not concerned about those defections.

Not alarming or surprising at all. They all saw the writing on the wall. They aren't going to play. This team has a ton of girls with a lot of eligibility. I'm not concerned about those defections.

I’ll admit I don’t follow basketball (women’s or men’s) closely.

But, it seems like people here have been concerned about the ability of women on this team. Losing two freshmen who were 5 star recruits makes me wonder a bit. I guess the team has enough talent returning to overcome the loss of two 5 stars?

Yes I tend to agree. BTW below is a much better article on the transfer situation.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/three-notre-dame-women-s-basketball-players-in-transfer-portal

I’ll admit I don’t follow basketball (women’s or men’s) closely.

But, it seems like people here have been concerned about the ability of women on this team. Losing two freshmen who were 5 star recruits makes me wonder a bit. I guess the team has enough talent returning to overcome the loss of two 5 stars?

Women's basketball has been very liberal with the distribution of 5 stars. 46 girls were 5 star players in that freshman recruiting class. Lol. 7 of the 11 players still on the roster are 5 stars. Espn has finally started to be more conservative in giving out 5 stars starting with the 21 class.

Edited by Domers23

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31102554/uconn-gets-second-top-5-recruit-2022-class-ayanna-patterson%3fplatform=amp

Ivey keeps losing. There’s no excuse for losing a top 3 player an hour away! I’m sorry but I loved the Ivey hire, but after 1 year I’m slowly regretting it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31102554/uconn-gets-second-top-5-recruit-2022-class-ayanna-patterson%3fplatform=amp

Ivey keeps losing. There’s no excuse for losing a top 3 player an hour away! I’m sorry but I loved the Ivey hire, but after 1 year I’m slowly regretting it.

Losing Patterson and the girl from South Bend Washington are tough recruiting losses for the 22' class, but It's only been 1 year. I'm not throwing in the towel on her yet. She needs to bring in the 23' class top 10 player from South Bend Washington.

Edited by Domers23

Losing Patterson and the girl from South Bend Washington are tough recruiting losses for the 22' class, but It's only been 1 year. I'm not throwing in the towel on her yet. She needs to bring in the 23' class top 10 player from South Bend Washington.

Thanks for the optimistic attitude. After watching the last couple of years of both the women and men programs it hard to keep a good attitude. Thanks....

This makes me think of Brianna Stewart she lived ten minutes away from the Syracuse University campus and she went to UConn instead.......the rest is history.