Prayers requested

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys. I'm muddling through things with her sister and once the dust settles I'm not even sure where I'll be living so there's been a lot of stress recently. My fricking brain won't shut up as I go through different scenarios.

Just went to an estate lawyer less than twelve hours ago to try and block or delay the estate sale but everything is up in the air right now. It all is happening very fast and I'm usually quick on my feet but this is all new territory for me.

• 10 months later...

Well, the last ten months have been something else again. Long story short, her nephew moved in with his family to help pay costs, never did and I left before burning through *all* that insurance money.

Looked for someone to live with for awhile, nobody could take my dog as well so I lived out of the car for awhile with him. A few weeks ago when it was still getting down to freezing at night, decided it was no life for a dog and gave him up for adoption. I'm now staying at the SB Center For the Homeless and started a fundraiser to help pay some bills.

Won't go into great detail, it turns into War and Peace.

• 1 year later...

It has been a looong time.

I ended up at the SBCFH as mentioned. In July of last year I found employment and have been working toward finding a place almost ever since. Difficult because I haven't rented anywhere since the late 80s, had no references or recent rental history. On top of that, I basically have no credit score because I have no debt/credit cards and only one bank account.

I stayed at the center and have been looking for a place for over half a year, difficult because of the above and then the "pandemic".

This past Sunday, I finally found a place via word of mouth and am back in Mishawaka, where I lived for over twenty years.

It's been one helluva long, winding road but at least things are finally pointing forward again.

I have not forgotten the support I received here nor will I. Sports have not been a major focus for me though and were put on the back burner. As it turns out, they may be for many people under current circumstances.

I wanted to let everyone at DD that I appreciate the support through this entire ordeal.

Kind of interesting. My other half passed on 07/16/18, I started this job on 07/15/19 and signed the lease for this place on 07/18/20. I guess maybe I had better start paying attention dates in mid July...