Prayers requested

I don't usually ask for them except in extreme circumstances but my other half Vicky Nix has been diagnosed with liver cancer and can use all the help she can get. The doctor doesn't know what stage until more tests are done and I'm taking her for a biopsy on Thursday.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone.

Rocketsan, I'm younger than her but my spring chicken days are well behind me. My 40s are in the rear view mirror and getting further away...

The biopsy is in a little over twelve hours. I hate driving to Memorial Hospital in South Bend from deep in SE Mishawaka but I hate driving around SB in general anyway...

Edited by Irish_Convert

• 3 weeks later...

Recent update: It's operable and she's going to go to IU hospital down in Indy to have a hunk of her liver removed on Wednesday. Took her to her doctor today and he said based on what he sees from test results like CAT scans, MRIs, blood work, etc. that it's not that bad but some of it has to be removed.

I can't believe there isn't a surgeon in this area that can do it, especially at the monstrosity that St. Joe Hospital is there off of Douglas Road but whatever gets the job done.

Recent update: It's operable and she's going to go to IU hospital down in Indy to have a hunk of her liver removed on Wednesday. Took her to her doctor today and he said based on what he sees from test results like CAT scans, MRIs, blood work, etc. that it's not that bad but some of it has to be removed.

I can't believe there isn't a surgeon in this area that can do it, especially at the monstrosity that St. Joe Hospital is there off of Douglas Road but whatever gets the job done.

Small victories brother. I know the battle ahead will be trying for her. Glad to hear that there is some good news with her condition. Hang in there for you both. God Bless.