Prayers for my Mother.

So my MOM has been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer...She has been a RN for 40+ years. She has taken care of people her whole life and has been retired for a few months...then this...

If you have time I would like to share her story...

She had my brother in 1968 and myself in 1974. A single white women raising 2 black children at this time was not looked upon highly. I tell you this so you can understand the amazing job she did.

My brother is a division chief of the county sheriff's department we live in and I my self am a very successful associate with the largest retail company in the US. We have lived in some very bad areas growing up and needless to say we have been tempted several times to go the another way which would have been much easier at times growing up. Her strength was insurmountable she went to RN school worked 80 hours a week as a LPN and went to RN school all while being a fulltime MOM. She was always there for us and I couldn't imagine not having her here. I am just asking that you pray for her it would be greatly appreciated...Thank you all and God Bless you all and your families.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgandonor your mother sounds like a wonderful and caring lady who really worked hard for your family. It is really a shame when those who really are the best of us are stricken with terrible afflictions. Your mother sounds like a fighter who won't just give up because something became an obstacle in her life. But everyone needs a little help along the way even if it's well wishes and prayers. God be with your mother during this difficult time, and also to be with you and your family.

Prayers and good vibes headed your way bro. I can't think of a profession i think higher of then a nurse. Having someone look after you ailing family member with genuine love is something I'll always appreciate.

Stay strong. I have an ailing parent and if you need to vent, just pm me. I'm a good listener.

• 1 year later...

I havent been on in a while, just an up date....it is stage 4 cancer...but was told by my mother that it has always been stage 4 and she was given a year to live at the first diagnosis she is protecting her baby a mothers work is never done...she is still here thank you Jesus....now the bad part, it has spread to the liver, spine and rib. They started radiation a couple of weeks ago to stop the pain. unfortunately I understand that this is not good...I am asking that you pray for her please we have been through so much and it hurts so bad to see this happening to such a wonderful women. Thank you in advance. Love my DD fam.

Prayers for your Mom. Is she open to CBD with THC to help her? You live in Florida right? I've heard it can possibly do amazing things.

Good suggestion, I have friends in Michigan that highly recomend it. Lower levels of THC than MJ but basically the same therapeutic effect.

yes she has all the CBD and it helps with pain. She had her appointment today and they gave her 6 months to live...hoping for the best but this point it doesn't look good...Thank you so much for the prayers. God bless!!!

We're all here praying for a miracle brother!

• 4 weeks later...

Well my friends she has decided to stop all treatment. we have moved her to hospice and the end is near. I want to thank you all for your prayers and kindness. she fought her butt off and I couldn't be more proud of her. This truly is the toughest thing I have ever been through and it hurts like hell, but i have come to grips that i cannot be selfish at this time.

so i just wanted to say thank you to you all and for those that have experienced this i am truly sorry and to those that have not i hope you never go through this. May God bless you and your families.