Former USC RB Joe McKnight Killed

echo88

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he is a 54 year old white guy. WTF? From the eye witness accounts of things it should have been a cut and dry murder charge.

Well, from one account told to a reporter and not the police.

I'm assuming they'll look at the case and if warranted, bring him back in and charge him.

Well, from one account told to a reporter and not the police.

I'm assuming they'll look at the case and if warranted, bring him back in and charge him.

I am sure, the whole thing is just a big question mark. Regardless, answers don't undo the tragedy of a 28 year old father being gunned down, whether it was warranted or not.

I don't see how abortion plays into this. I do think video games have made taken human lives exciting

I think the basic argument would be, "If you are willing to take the life of a child in the womb, why would you stop before taking the life of some guy who pissed you off?"

Obviously it is a bit more complex than that, but I'm not sure it is a coincidence that the murder rate and the abortion rate both hit all time highs in the 80s/early 90s. I know we hear about a lot more murders now, but the actual murder rate has dropped quite a bit since it's peak 25-30 years ago.

This probably won't go over well (and I know it doesn't apply in this situation), but blacks have a homicide rate 3X that of whites, I think not coincidentally, they have an abortion rate 3X that of whites as well.

Pure hearsay on all of this of course, but I think it has some merit.

I don't see how abortion plays into this. I do think video games have made taken human lives exciting

That is a super "old man" statement. The shooter in this case was a 54 year old Caucasian male, not the Nintendo TV Generation demographic.

I think that the lack of respect for human life is carried by a group of people who have no guidance, few prospects, and little hope for the future. If you do not see a future for yourself, if you can't picture yourself growing old and raising a family, if you can't see past today into tomorrow then the value of human life is nothing. The only compunction about killing another person when pushed that far comes from either moral law (internal or external), or fear of the consequences. No future = no consequences. If you can't show a kid growing up in poverty a bright future then you can't stop the violence.

Sad stuff. Population density is high, resources are low. People are fighting for table scraps in the dark corners of our country and far more in other parts of the world. The whole thing is an enormous powder keg and every time the irresponsible media blasts a story about a cop "murdering" someone, it is just another spark.

But then, that's just me wth do I know anyways?

I think the basic argument would be, "If you are willing to take the life of a child in the womb, why would you stop before taking the life of some guy who pissed you off?"

Obviously it is a bit more complex than that, but I'm not sure it is a coincidence that the murder rate and the abortion rate both hit all time highs in the 80s/early 90s. I know we hear about a lot more murders now, but the actual murder rate has dropped quite a bit since it's peak 25-30 years ago.

This probably won't go over well (and I know it doesn't apply in this situation), but blacks have a homicide rate 3X that of whites, I think not coincidentally, they have an abortion rate 3X that of whites as well.

Pure hearsay on all of this of course, but I think it has some merit.

I think terminating a pregnancy due to rape, can't afford to take care of it or one just slipped past the goalie is not the same as looking in someone's eyes and shooting them.

Abortion don't happen five minutes before the bun comes out of the oven. I think life begins at birth. I should say when it can sustain itself.

Murder rate and violent crimes are tied to poverty. Blacks on average make less then whites and you can find high crime rates in poor white communities. Look at towns like Oceana WV. Ravaged by Oxycotin

The funny things is we can go back and forth on what the problem is. Everyone chimes in on the problem. What's the solution. I'm not Nostradamus or anything but I see race relations getting much worse in this country in the coming years.

That is a super "old man" statement. The shooter in this case was a 54 year old Caucasian male, not the Nintendo TV Generation demographic.

I think that the lack of respect for human life is carried by a group of people who have no guidance, few prospects, and little hope for the future. If you do not see a future for yourself, if you can't picture yourself growing old and raising a family, if you can't see past today into tomorrow then the value of human life is nothing. The only compunction about killing another person when pushed that far comes from either moral law (internal or external), or fear of the consequences. No future = no consequences. If you can't show a kid growing up in poverty a bright future then you can't stop the violence.

Sad stuff. Population density is high, resources are low. People are fighting for table scraps in the dark corners of our country and far more in other parts of the world. The whole thing is an enormous powder keg and every time the irresponsible media blasts a story about a cop "murdering" someone, it is just another spark.

But then, that's just me wth do I know anyways?

when did we become such gun fanatics in this country? I grew up with guns in the home. My dad didn't act like his guns were more then just a tool for hunting and if need be, protection. They weren't worshipped.

I don't think you could tell me with a straight face that those guys that took over that wildlife park in Oregon a while back didn't live for something like that.

I think terminating a pregnancy due to rape, can't afford to take care of it or one just slipped past the goalie is not the same as looking in someone's eyes and shooting them.

Abortion don't happen five minutes before the bun comes out of the oven. I think life begins at birth. I should say when it can sustain itself.

Murder rate and violent crimes are tied to poverty. Blacks on average make less then whites and you can find high crime rates in poor white communities. Look at towns like Oceana WV. Ravaged by Oxycotin

The funny things is we can go back and forth on what the problem is. Everyone chimes in on the problem. What's the solution. I'm not Nostradamus or anything but I see race relations getting much worse in this country in the coming years.

I'd agree they aren't the exact same thing, but I do think it is a slippery slope that we've started to go down.

I also understand not everyone believes that life begins at conception. But there are children who survive at 21-22 weeks of gestation and abortions are allowed after that.

In either event, you are right to say that abortion isn't the sole issue. There are plenty of other causes of these sorts of things. But I also don't think this one can be tied to poverty when the shooter was driving an Infiniti and the victim was an ex-NFL RB.

Is there a solution? Who knows. More guns, less guns, no guns, what difference does it make. People were killing each other with swords in the middle ages and rocks before that. Maybe that's just who we are as a species.

And he is a 54 year old white guy. WTF? From the eye witness accounts of things it should have been a cut and dry murder charge.

Have we not learned anything about jumping to conclusions based on the statements of media whores with no rational or truthful account of what happened? If this guy was let go for the short term, I'm guessing there is a strong presumption of self-defense, but the cops are still gathering facts. The bigger question is what McKnight did to cause this guy to shoot him. The guy who shot him stayed at the scene. It sounds a lot like McKnight doing some sh*t he shouldn't have done just like 90% of the people who have made national news in the past couple years for getting shot. The general takeaway after all of the acquittals has been this - don't trust immediate accounts and don't act like an a$$hole and you have a better chance of surviving.

Nearly everybody has been acquitted. Why? Because the "victim" had it coming. I'm curious if that holds true, here, or if there is something else that hasn't been vetted yet.

Uh-Oh. More lying "witnesses". Sheriff says he was released because evidence shows that the driver shot while inside his vehicle. And blood from McKnight/ shell casings were also inside the car. Entrance wound in the upper chest and exit wound in the lower back sure does fit the profile of someone leaning inside someone else's vehicle when shot.

I guess the witnesses who claimed Joe was apologizing before being stood over and murdered had an agenda to fulfill. When are we gonna start prosecuting these people?

Now it looks like Joe was an aggressor in a road rage incident and that the driver was legally allowed to defend himself with a firearm. Louisiana's equivalent of Stand your Ground law....

Edited by echo88

Uh-Oh. More lying "witnesses". Sheriff says he was released because evidence shows that the driver shot while inside his vehicle. And blood from McKnight/ shell casings were also inside the car. Entrance wound in the upper chest and exit wound in the lower back sure does fit the profile of someone leaning inside someone else's vehicle when shot.

I guess the witnesses who claimed Joe was apologizing before being stood over and murdered had an agenda to fulfill. When are we gonna start prosecuting these people?

Now it looks like Joe was an aggressor in a road rage incident and that the driver was legally allowed to defend himself with a firearm. Louisiana's equivalent of Stand your Ground law....

I saw that too. The eye witness report was clearly a joke and like you said they should be prosecuted harshly. My question is the answer always to shoot someone? Was he leaning in from the passenger side? That's the only way I can see the exit wounds being so. He should have just pulled off. You don't always have to be John wayne.

I'd agree they aren't the exact same thing, but I do think it is a slippery slope that we've started to go down.

I also understand not everyone believes that life begins at conception. But there are children who survive at 21-22 weeks of gestation and abortions are allowed after that.

In either event, you are right to say that abortion isn't the sole issue. There are plenty of other causes of these sorts of things. But I also don't think this one can be tied to poverty when the shooter was driving an Infiniti and the victim was an ex-NFL RB.

Is there a solution? Who knows. More guns, less guns, no guns, what difference does it make. People were killing each other with swords in the middle ages and rocks before that. Maybe that's just who we are as a species.

It's ugly no doubt. In every situation I can think of where there is a confrontation between and african american and a white person, african americans think the white person was racist and the white person feels threatened by the african american. It's the default setting.

I saw that too. The eye witness report was clearly a joke and like you said they should be prosecuted harshly. My question is the answer always to shoot someone? Was he leaning in from the passenger side? That's the only way I can see the exit wounds being so. He should have just pulled off. You don't always have to be John wayne.

Well, whether or not you're cut from the cloth of protecting yourself with a firearm or speeding away, the important thing is that it's legally justifiable.

I carry everywhere I go and if someone is reaching inside my vehicle in a threatening manner, they're getting shot.

It was at a traffic light, so if the lights red he probably would've had to pull into traffic.

Well, whether or not you're cut from the cloth of protecting yourself with a firearm or speeding away, the important thing is that it's legally justifiable.

I carry everywhere I go and if someone is reaching inside my vehicle in a threatening manner, they're getting shot.

If HE-MAN reached into my car, I could make him retreat without pulling a gun. I don't live in that world where i'm in constant fear for my life or have a perverted desire to shoot someone.

You need to watch the epic beard man video.