2016 MLB Thread

OKCIrish99

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I no longer accept "I have no clue how this happened..."

Did you ever? After Palmiero got popped, I remember the Orioles team doc came out and directly stated that there is no reason for any guy to ever fail a drug test. They have meetings, papers on walls, talks with agents and a direct list of what CAN and CANNOT be taken that came from MLB. The notion that these guys weren't aware is pure dishonest.

Going to the Blue Jays-Rangers game tonight in T.O. First meeting since "The Bat Flip". Man oh man, I'm hoping for some fireworks tonight!!

I'm just curious on how he takes it if he does get hit. If he gets hit in the butt and walks to first then all should be forgotten.

I'm just curious on how he takes it if he does get hit. If he gets hit in the butt and walks to first then all should be forgotten.

Instead of getting hit he decided to not advance the runners and strike out in key situations. And then, in a shocking twist of fate, he tried to show up the umpire after getting caught looking....

I'm one of the biggest Jays fans I know, but even I am getting way too tired of Bautista's attitude. Every now and then a pitcher fools you. You struck out. Take it like a man, walk back to the dugout and shut your yap. It doesn't mean you're not "a competitor" if you don't argue every call.

Cubs run differential is +83. Top 4 run differential through April in the modern era if I remember the stat correctly. 15 teams have a positive run differential. Cubs run differential is better than any 2 teams put together and the bottom seven combined.

Cubs run differential is +83. Top 4 run differential through April in the modern era if I remember the stat correctly. 15 teams have a positive run differential. Cubs run differential is better than any 2 teams put together and the bottom seven combined.
They are off to a great start for sure. Not going to get truly excited though until October. The cool thing is the offense still has a lot more potential than what we've seen so far. Starting pitching has been better than expected. How about Adam Warren? Great trade for Cubs/Yanks.

Just saw Kenta Maeda pitch for the first time with an awesome sight line behind home plate. Dude is nasty. That ball is NEVER straight coming out of his hand. Not going to blow you away with his fastball but good for you if you can figure out what the hell is coming next from him. And really good at varying his pace. Great pitcher (of course, awesome to see the Jays pull out the W!!!). Looks like they're finally starting to play to their potential

Pirates players, fans, and media are starting to become very salty about the Cubs haha

Yep. They aren't the love able losers anymore. Funny how winning can change that.

As for the salt, it's the batters not knowing the situation as always :). (Former pitcher). I can honestly say I threw and hit two guys from age 5 through the end of my college years. And both of those guys knew exactly why they got hit.

Arrietta didn't throw at Kung on purpose. The game was still very close. Why would he put another guy on. Makes no sense. Especially, when his command was bad all that inning. But let's just assume that it's another pitcher just throwing at a guy because he's pissed off.

You want to know when a guy was throwing at a batter? Look at Roger Clemens against Mike Piazza. That's what it looks like when a guy is throwing at a batter. Not when it's a one or two run game. Thats my vent...

Yep. They aren't the love able losers anymore. Funny how winning can change that.

As for the salt, it's the batters not knowing the situation as always :). (Former pitcher). I can honestly say I threw and hit two guys from age 5 through the end of my college years. And both of those guys knew exactly why they got hit.

Arrietta didn't throw at Kung on purpose. The game was still very close. Why would he put another guy on. Makes no sense. Especially, when his command was bad all that inning. But let's just assume that it's another pitcher just throwing at a guy because he's pissed off.

You want to know when a guy was throwing at a batter? Look at Roger Clemens against Mike Piazza. That's what it looks like when a guy is throwing at a batter. Not when it's a one or two run game. Thats my vent...

Yep. I pitched myself. I don't recall ever throwing at someone on purpose except one time, and it was my coach who forced my hand to do so. I think it's more of the Pirates' frustration than anything tho. At this point, they are sick of being bullied around by the Cubs.