ND vs. Ohio State in Fiesta?

That's what the projections are based on the rankings released this evening. I know a lot of people are happy and think we would match up well with them, but I do not. I think Urban is similar to Saban, where if you give him that much prep time, he'll come up with a hell of a game plan. I also think the MSU game woke them up and made them realize giving Zeke the ball is a must, and as good as McCaffery is, I still think Zeke is better. I would see our defense struggling to stop him and JT.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always felt that playing the best team available is the only way to do it...I say Bring on Ohio State !...I don't want to play Iowa , Houston , or North Carolina...Nobody gives a crap about these teams nor are they respected throughout the country....After Iowa loses to M.S.U....they are irrelevant in the eyes of college football...No Thanks...Give me the team that everybody's talking about all day long!..We will gain respect with a win or a close loss...This team is capable of beating O.S.U...If we did get the crap kicked out of us it just shows you where you need to be, bottom line.....We are not going to lose all of our recruits over one game..With the way Kelly recruits he'll take the five stars all day , but he's also realistic & happy developing the guys he recruits to his system...These type of players aren't lost over a bowl game...If anything this kinda game gets more recruits watching us...& that can never hurt...Honestly the only team in the Nation I don't think we could beat is Alabama...But you could bet your britches that I would love to give it a try....

I have always felt that playing the best team available is the only way to do it...I say Bring on Ohio State !...I don't want to play Iowa , Houston , or North Carolina...Nobody gives a crap about these teams nor are they respected throughout the country....After Iowa loses to M.S.U....they are irrelevant in the eyes of college football...No Thanks...Give me the team that everybody's talking about all day long!..We will gain respect with a win or a close loss...This team is capable of beating O.S.U...If we did get the crap kicked out of us it just shows you where you need to be, bottom line.....We are not going to lose all of our recruits over one game..With the way Kelly recruits he'll take the five stars all day , but he's also realistic & happy developing the guys he recruits to his system...These type of players aren't lost over a bowl game...If anything this kinda game gets more recruits watching us...& that can never hurt...Honestly the only team in the Nation I don't think we could beat is Alabama...But you could bet your britches that I would love to give it a try....

I'm with you to a degree. I'd love to expose Iowa as pretenders & care less what the bandwagon is saying of their run game. We've done damned well against run offense. (On the flipside, we've made them look amazing on the pass & let qb's & medicore runners look like superstars)

However, & like you stated, bring on the best. The above poster stated saban & meyer bring great game plans with time off. I feel our coach has done the same with recent bowl games. I'm tired of the mentality of staying away from certain teams! You want this team to be great, then we need to play the nation's best, period.

Edited by imroc

Of course playing the best team is the best way to go about things. Do you think the players and coaches are scared, potential recruits?

The talk last year was the same about LSU. We beat them. Ohio State looks good on paper and smashed Michigan but they have been lethargic all year outside of that game. This is a great opportunity to beat an elite team in a big New Years bowl. Bring it on.

Of course playing the best team is the best way to go about things. Do you think the players and coaches are scared, potential recruits?

The talk last year was the same about LSU. We beat them. Ohio State looks good on paper and smashed Michigan but they have been lethargic all year outside of that game. This is a great opportunity to beat an elite team in a big New Years bowl. Bring it on.

You're getting me pumped up! You're gonna have to keep it up for a month tho!

In all honesty, I want to see them get Iowa. I don't believe they can beat MSU and I see them obviously falling out of the top 4. But the fact that they were in there ahead of ND really pissed me off, so I want to see ND thrash them for a little "F you" to the committee. Notre Dame should never have fallen to 6 pre-Stanford (and would be in if not for BVG, but I digress)

I'm with you to a degree. I'd love to expose Iowa as pretenders & care less what the bandwagon is saying of their run game. We've done damned well against run offense. (On the flipside, we've made them look amazing on the pass & let qb's & medicore runners look like superstars)

However, & like you stated, bring on the best. The above poster stated saban & meyer bring great game plans with time off. I feel our coach has done the same with recent bowl games. I'm tired of the mentality of staying away from certain teams! You want this team to be great, then we need to play the nation's best, period.

Thing is ...when M.S.U. beats

Iowa they will already have been exposed as pretenders & they literally won' t matter anymore...I agree that Kelly can also bring a great game plan with preperation ...

Couldn't agree me more !!!

On point with the LSU comment...

I heard that too but not convinced that will happen. Won't the rose take osu and we'd get the msu/Iowa loser in the fiesta? Still a chance to get fsu/unc in the peach too and possibly Houston

This is correct. OSU is a lock for the Rose and we'll most likely face the B10 loser (read: Iowa).

So, in descending order of likelihood:

B10 Championship Game Loser

FSU

UNC

HOUSTON

CLEMSON (if UNC wins and jumps OSU)

This is correct. OSU is a lock for the Rose and we'll most likely face the B10 loser (read: Iowa).

So, in descending order of likelihood:

B10 Championship Game Loser

FSU

UNC

HOUSTON

CLEMSON (if UNC wins and jumps OSU)

I just saw one prediction that had ND vs Boise St. in the fiesta bowl.

I hope we get iowa.

The Rose is going to get the highest ranked B10 team that isn't in the playoff.

That said. If MSU wins against Iowa, it's Ohio State. But....if Iowa wins against MSU....would the committee put Ohio State above MSU when MSU just stomped tOSU 2 weeks ago? I think MSU should be ranked higher than tOSU even if they lose to Iowa. In that case, MSU would go to the Rose and ND vs. Ohio State might be possible.

I personally think MSU gets into the playoff and Iowa will fall below Ohio State. Therefore giving ND vs Iowa (blech) or ND vs FSU.

The Rose is going to get the highest ranked B10 team that isn't in the playoff.

That said. If MSU wins, it's Ohio State. But....if Iowa wins....would the committee Ohio State above MSU when MSU just stomped tOSU 2 weeks ago? I think MSU should be ranked higher than tOSU even if they lose to Iowa. In that case, MSU would go to the Rose and ND vs. Ohio State might be possible.

I personally think MSU gets into the playoff and Iowa will fall below Ohio State. Therefore giving ND vs Iowa (blech) or ND vs FSU.

Depends how the game unfolds and how USC/Stanford plays out.

I think if Stanford beats USC they could go to 5th. I think if Iowa or MSU loses in a close game, I could see them still above Ohio State.

Forget everything I said. An article on ESPN is saying the Rose Bowl can select any B10 team they want if the B10 champ is in the playoff. The Rose could choose loser of the conf. champ game, could choose tOSU, or could choose Purdue, etc...ha ha.

It's all so confusing.