2016 ND Basketball News

5* PF Thon Maker (8th overall recruit) will receive an in-home visit from the coaching staff on September 14th

4* PF Javin DeLaurier (39th overall recruit) and 3* John Mooney (ND Verbal 144th overall recruit) will take OVs to ND this weekend. T.J. Gibbs (ND Verbal and 72nd overall recruit) will also be on campus for an unofficial visit.

4* C Jayce Johnson (65th prospect overall) and 4* SG Kevin Huerter (63rd overall recruit) will take OVs on Sept. 25.

4* SG DeAndre Hunter (116th overall recruit) will visit campus on Oct. 16. Not sure if it's an OV or not.

*Rankings are from 247 composite

Edited by LasVegasIrish

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How big of an impact do you think this past season had or will have on recruiting? If we want to continue to compete with the big dogs I think we need more 4 star guys and fewer 3 star.

I think our starting lineup is usually 3 stars with the odd 4 mixed in but last year was different I think they all were 4 stars except Grant and Connaughton who were 3's that panned out.

How big of an impact do you think this past season had or will have on recruiting? If we want to continue to compete with the big dogs I think we need more 4 star guys and fewer 3 star.

I think our starting lineup is usually 3 stars with the odd 4 mixed in but last year was different I think they all were 4 stars except Grant and Connaughton who were 3's that panned out.

Just including this year's roster ND has multiple 4* players (Jackson, Auguste, Vasturia, Beachem, Ryan, and Pflueger) and then you have Colson who looks like he's gonna be a good one.

Then you have Gibbs coming and it looks like they will land at least one more highly regarded player. Last year's season definitely helped. Hopefully success on the court continues, because ND will recruit well if they have sustained success.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Really enjoyed last season and think we are in for another great run. Current freshman class will have a big impact and it is time for Beachem to emerge. So happy the monkey is off Brey's back. Program is seriously top ten.

Next year's class is gonna be very good as well. Kids are starting to take notice.

Not really sure. I was paying for them 20 years ago so I just assume this is normal for big time colleges. I just meant is sad that the student body doesn't support those teams.

That last part is definitely true. I have always found it odd that ND has such a weak student body supporting cast for basketball. When I first heard that they charged students I thought that could be it, but maybe I'm wrong.

My alma mater, UNLV, has never charged students for basketball tickets...but it's not a big time sports school like ND.

Jarrett Allen 5* PF and Nikola Djogo, teammate of Thon Maker are both visiting this weekend. For what's it is worth, the equivalent of Wiltfong CBing a football player to ND, Jerry Meyer CBed Allen to ND.

The visit is coming as a surprise to the coaching staff and national recruiting experts. Excellent news.

Just saw a blurb that Djogo committed. Is that it for us now? I wanted one of the other bigs.

From ISD:

Technically, Notre Dame doesn’t have any more scholarships available, but the Irish expect one more to free up by next season, possibly due to point guard Demetrius Jackson declaring early for the NBA Draft.

From ISD:

Technically, Notre Dame doesn’t have any more scholarships available, but the Irish expect one more to free up by next season, possibly due to point guard Demetrius Jackson declaring early for the NBA Draft.

Exactly. It's been heavily speculated that ND will most likely take a 4th commitment. Those big men are still very much in play.