NCAA Tourney

No outrage at the 3 seed? I am struggling with KU and Gonzaga being ahead of us. Then we get the honor of being in UK's bracket, to me indicating we were the 4th 3 seed.

I know they were probably trying to get us to play in a certain geographical location, it just seems like we got boned.

That said, we get a chance to beat KU and then set up an elite 8 game with UK.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone is dumbfounded by the decisions but this has been going on for years so most here expected it it seemed. I am a little pissed off but to win we'd have to beat Kentucky anyways so that's that. On the other side of it I saw someone say they're making it tougher for Kentucky to make it to the final by putting us there... take it as you will.

I guess the 3 and 2 seed isn't too much difference but common how is Kansas a 2 instead of us? I'd like to know the criteria because it seems like they're picking from a hat.

No outrage at the 3 seed? I am struggling with KU and Gonzaga being ahead of us. Then we get the honor of being in UK's bracket, to me indicating we were the 4th 3 seed.

I know they were probably trying to get us to play in a certain geographical location, it just seems like we got boned.

That said, we get a chance to beat KU and then set up an elite 8 game with UK.

Kentucky's region for us befuddles me..I thought we'd be with Nova or Wisconsin

I'm not happy at all about it. ND is the fourth 3 seed. They have a 10 loss oklahoma ahead of them. I think ND is in the toughest region hands down. They definitely got hosed.

With that being said, ND has shown they can play with anyone. So, if they get to the second weekend, I will take it, and they would have a great chance against kansas, or very likely, wichita st.

Is it a for sure thing that ND was the 4th 3 seed? Is that always how it works per say? I viewed it as us playing the worst 2 seed because the committee said eff it, let the 8 and 9 teams battle it out. If we were really the 4th 3 seed that's so disrespectful, but at the same time I think we got a good draw up until Kentucky in the elite 8.

1. Kentucky

2. Villanova

3. Duke

4. Wisconsin

5. Virginia

6. Arizona

7. Gonzaga

8. Kansas

9. Iowa State

10. Baylor

11. Oklahoma

12. Notre Dame

13. North Carolina

14. Maryland

15. Louisville

16. Georgetown

17. Utah

18. Arkansas

19. West Virginia

20. Northern Iowa

21. SMU

22. Providence

23. Butler

24. Xavier

25. Michigan State

26. Wichita State

27. Iowa

28. VCU

29. Cincinnati

30. Oregon

31. NC State

32. San Diego State

33. St. John’s

34. Oklahoma State

35. LSU

36. Purdue

37. Indiana

38. Davidson

39. Ohio State

40. Georgia

41. Texas

42. UCLA

43. Ole Miss

44. BYU

45. Boise State

46. Dayton

47. Wyoming

48. Buffalo

49. Wofford

50. Stephen F. Austin

51. Valparaiso

52. Harvard

53. Eastern Washington

54. UC Irvine

55. Georgia State

56. Northeastern

57. UAB

58. Albany

59. New Mexico State

60. Belmont

61. Texas Southern

62. North Dakota State

63. Lafayette

64. Coastal Carolina

65. North Florida

66. Robert Morris

67. Manhattan

68. Hampton

I just don't get it. Is the ACC undervalued vs the Big 12, etc?

Hopefully we will have a slight chip now.

Is that list actually from the committee though? If it is, it makes no sense. How do those teams jump over ND. I guess you could argue Iowa St., but the other two can't logically be argued. At the same time, I'm not mad about having to play Kansas as I think ND is better. Huge chip on the shoulder if true I think.

I think they got screwed but if ND wants a NC they need to beat kentucky and other great teams. Go irish !! It is BS no doubt

I don't even think they got screwed in terms of Kentucky. Like you said, gotta beat teams to win. I think they got screwed in terms of respect. How are they the last 3 seed? lol

I agree they got screwed! But let's talk about how weird / not cool it is that about a hour ago my iPhone 4s literally crapped out and I had to plug in my wife's old iPhone 3 and it still works after 2 years !! #ogminiipad

I believe the seeding works on an S-curve:

1, 2, 3, 4

8, 7, 6, 5

9, 10, 11, 12

16, 15, 14, 13

So ND was highest three seed at #9. This is a little screwy. I see us favored if we play KU or Gonzaga. We should be at #7 overall

I believe the seeding works on an S-curve:

1, 2, 3, 4

8, 7, 6, 5

9, 10, 11, 12

16, 15, 14, 13

So ND was highest three seed at #9. This is a little screwy. I see us favored if we play KU or Gonzaga. We should be at #7 overall

I was thinking this too until the rankings from 1-64 came out. Again, I'm not sure if the committee released that info or if it was just one person's/sites opinion(s), but either way I can't understand the ND ranked 12 overall and the last 3 seed logic.

The more I read about teams you don't wanna play I see Texas popping up, same with Butler too. I haven't watched either this year but I think I would rather see Butler.

The blueprint to defeating us is beating us up on the boards with size, and to somewhat keep up with our scoring. They say Texas outrebounded Kentucky so I will forsure be cheering for Butler in that game.