NCAA Tourney

The more I read about teams you don't wanna play I see Texas popping up, same with Butler too. I haven't watched either this year but I think I would rather see Butler.

The blueprint to defeating us is beating us up on the boards with size, and to somewhat keep up with our scoring. They say Texas outrebounded Kentucky so I will forsure be cheering for Butler in that game.

I am a Butler fan and they are very scrappy and play tough D and rebound well for lack of size. They have different kinds of scorers as well they will be a tough match up. I like ND but I picked Butler to upset them.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Butler fan and they are very scrappy and play tough D and rebound well for lack of size. They have different kinds of scorers as well they will be a tough match up. I like ND but I picked Butler to upset them.

I have a hard time seeing a smaller team but ND. It could happen but the only teams who scare me are the big teams who can beat us on the glass.

I have a hard time seeing a smaller team but ND. It could happen but the only teams who scare me are the big teams who can beat us on the glass.

Here comes me sounding super biased: Wasn't Duke big and strong? Wasn't UNC big and strong? Wasn't Louisville big and Strong?

Here comes me sounding super biased: Wasn't Duke big and strong? Wasn't UNC big and strong? Wasn't Louisville big and Strong?
Exactly. If the other team has an off shooting night and ND is on, this team can beat ANY team. Including Kentucky.

Go Irish!!

Letting the kids play Ferris Bueller, and decided to get some tickets and head to the game tomorrow. ND is only favored by 12. I'm really hoping it's not a close game. I keep saying I want to see Grant take this team by the horns and lead them to a final four. My boys keep reminding me that they don't really need him to do that. This team is full of scorers and it's important for everyone to stay involved. Hopefully we get to see a little of both!

Letting the kids play Ferris Bueller, and decided to get some tickets and head to the game tomorrow. ND is only favored by 12. I'm really hoping it's not a close game. I keep saying I want to see Grant take this team by the horns and lead them to a final four. My boys keep reminding me that they don't really need him to do that. This team is full of scorers and it's important for everyone to stay involved. Hopefully we get to see a little of both!

It's nice to have a player on our team that we feel can pull off the "Kemba Walker, Shapazz Napier" effect. None of us would say ND has the best team in the country, but not many teams are talented enough with that one player that can lead them deep in the tourney. In terms of only being favored by 12, I think it's because it's tournament game and it's just hard to judge how good teams like Northeastern are compared to a team like ND. I expect this to be a 15-20 point game though.

Plus: I think the oddsmakers and general public still have doubts a Brey led team can get it done in the tourney. It might not be fair, but for many people it's a concern.

Exactly. If the other team has an off shooting night and ND is on, this team can beat ANY team. Including Kentucky.

Go Irish!!

Call it home rush if you will but we are one of if not the scariest teams in the tourney. If anyone has an on shooting night against Kentucky and wins it will be the Irish. I don't wanna get too far let's not contribute to the madness tomorrow and get to the sweet sixteen.

Call it home rush if you will but we are one of if not the scariest teams in the tourney. If anyone has an on shooting night against Kentucky and wins it will be the Irish. I don't wanna get too far let's not contribute to the madness tomorrow and get to the sweet sixteen.

I've been saying this for awhile now. Scary is the best word to describe this team. When hot, they can beat any team. That doesn't mean they can't lose to Butler or Texas in the second round though either.

Putting the whole "anyone can beat anyone" argument aside for the purpose of this post, I think ND is one of only a few teams that can realistically beat Kentucky. ND lights it from 3 more often than not, and in a game in which they do that it is certainly possible. Duke and Wisconsin are the other two teams I think can realistically defeat Kentucky. I would love to see Okafor against Towns and Cauley-Stein.