Deflategate

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand in FCS that each college/university brings their own balls.

Aren't the balls in the NFL shared by both teams?

If so, would there really be an advantage gained by one team? (Assuming they did not practice with underinflated balls).

Each team provides 12 ball they will use during the game, which the refs approve before hand. Some QB's like a newer ball, some like one a bit used, etc. So they are NFL approved balls, but the teams decide which ones they want to use.

What I don't understand is that at least 1 ref handled the ball on every single New England play ran. They never noticed the balls were deflated?

great question on the refs, cory.

I thought the same thing myself.

BTW, could have given the Colts balls inflated any way they'd like and they still would have had their asses kicked.

I would think a ball with less inflation would be harder to throw very tight spirals.

but a softer ball would be easier to catch in the bad weather.

The real question that should be answered here is what value or edge to you get from having your balls deflated. I for one know for a fact that if i deflate my balls before the "big game" i stand a better chance of going deep into the fourth quarter without having any mishaps. Stamina is always improved when you deflate your balls guys.

great question on the refs, cory.

I thought the same thing myself.

BTW, could have given the Colts balls inflated any way they'd like and they still would have had their asses kicked.

I would think a ball with less inflation would be harder to throw very tight spirals.

but a softer ball would be easier to catch in the bad weather.

Do you have alot of experience with catching balls?

Ya know, the thing is this kind of crap seems to follow one specific program. Between the videotaping, the learn the rulebook formation, and this, it just comes across as bush league crap. Obviously NE didn't need help to win, but when you get caught doing this kind of stuff time and again it makes you look petty.

But they have the rings, so wth.

Ya know, the thing is this kind of crap seems to follow one specific program. Between the videotaping, the learn the rulebook formation, and this, it just comes across as bush league crap. Obviously NE didn't need help to win, but when you get caught doing this kind of stuff time and again it makes you look petty.

But they have the rings, so wth.

their formations aren't in the least a single bit of cheating.

are fake FGs against the rules now, too?

their formations aren't in the least a single bit of cheating.

are fake FGs against the rules now, too?

Apparently my underinflated point sailed over your head. I am just saying that these kinds of shenanigans are following one program. It isn't all about cheating, it is about the letter of the law vs the spirit of it. I realize that the formation was not illegal I "read the rulebook."

Is there any way you could try to sound a little less condescending in your responses or is that against the rules?

Apparently my underinflated point sailed over your head. I am just saying that these kinds of shenanigans are following one program. It isn't all about cheating, it is about the letter of the law vs the spirit of it. I realize that the formation was not illegal I "read the rulebook."

Is there any way you could try to sound a little less condescending in your responses or is that against the rules?

And why is it ONLY following one team? Why isn't the same vitriol and interest applied to other teams like Green Bay? Rodgers just stated he likes his ball overinflated by the manager after ref inspection and dozens of other teams and QBs including Payton Manning, Brett Favre, and Drew Brees, who all have their own system of deflating or inflating the ball to their desired feel based on weather conditions. So why aren't we hearing about them, too? Doesn't that seem odd to you guys? Why didn't we hear about the Raiders/New Orleans/Tampa Bay & Miami video taping signals of their opposition? Why hasn't the Eagles/Jets use of sideline interference during kickoffs to take out the gunners been looked into further??

Is it because NE wins? Just seems weird we all turn a blind eye to everyone else doing the same thing but protest when we find out NE does it as well.

And why is it ONLY following one team? Why isn't the same vitriol and interest applied to other teams like Green Bay? Rodgers just stated he likes his ball overinflated by the manager after ref inspection and dozens of other teams and QBs including Payton Manning, Brett Favre, and Drew Brees, who all have their own system of deflating or inflating the ball to their desired feel based on weather conditions. So why aren't we hearing about them, too? Doesn't that seem odd to you guys? Why didn't we hear about the Raiders/New Orleans/Tampa Bay & Miami video taping signals of their opposition? Why hasn't the Eagles/Jets use of sideline interference during kickoffs to take out the gunners been looked into further??

Is it because NE wins? Just seems weird we all turn a blind eye to everyone else doing the same thing but protest when we find out NE does it as well.

I am a simple guy so I go for the smoke/fire thing. When other teams win it is generally the players that get into trouble, not the team. Someone throw a couple bags of coke and some strippers in the locker room so NE looks like everyone else please.

I am a simple guy so I go for the smoke/fire thing. When other teams win it is generally the players that get into trouble, not the team. Someone throw a couple bags of coke and some strippers in the locker room so NE looks like everyone else please.

Deflating the ball generally isn't a team activity. This is usually specific to the QB and what his preferences are.

the formations thing isn't any kind of shenanigan

Its because people generally hate people from the NE. Have you ever heard the term M*******?