UT v. ND WBB

on ESPN 2 NOW... Jewell has 34. but we gave up 6 offensive boards, make that 7 make that 10 to 3 first half.. Irish 88-77.. Jewell landed hard on her hip but looks ok.. Lindsay Allen really hustling now, rebounds, floor plays.

ND cleaning the glass now 1 and done for the Lady Vols! Allen 6 assists. Irish pulling away now.. Welcome back Taya Reimer as well. 8 points, a number of second half boards

Irish 88-77 Final

Edited by FaithInIrishForever

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nit picking, but what did you think about the call on the charge? I thought the defender was still sliding her feet into position. Lloyd was so out of control, though, it was hard not to call the charge.

iffy for sure but what I think got the call was Jewell looked a bit out of control.

Man Lloyd is SO good. that no look pass to turner early, fade away jump stop of the window and then a rebound Jewelly-oop at the buzzer.

We need to hit the boards though, they're getting more shots

I've gotten into both from my love for all things ND and I have two young girls that I am coaching in basketball. It really is good fundamental basketball and watching the games is a good way to teach them how to play.

I've seen the team play up close. They would whoop some grown men easily.

Edited by irishrush

Happy for the girls, but man, is women's basketball hard to watch.....The local boys CYO b-ball team would wipe the floor with them......

yikes man.. Jewell Lloyd plays some amazing basketball.

If you like fundamentals passing and shooting, The women's game is superior.

Now most like the DUNK. from that point, I see what your saying. But these girls can flat out shoot..

yikes man.. Jewell Lloyd plays some amazing basketball.

If you like fundamentals passing and shooting, The women's game is superior.

Now most like the DUNK. from that point, I see what your saying. But these girls can flat out shoot..

awwwww buddy, i love ya dearly, but you need to clean your glasses. It has nothing to do with dunking....Watching girls basketball is like eating plain grits.....it sucks.....that being said, I will continue to cheer them on just like I did when my sons played minor B baseball....

awwwww buddy, i love ya dearly, but you need to clean your glasses. It has nothing to do with dunking....Watching girls basketball is like eating plain grits.....it sucks.....that being said, I will continue to cheer them on just like I did when my sons played minor B baseball....

If Tennessee makes their lay ups, they win handily that game. For some reason girls have huge troubles missing lay ups.

love ya to, tried to give you an out but you are entitled to your own opinion. Sligo. Schell would like to talk to you about girls basketball:)

OT- any chance you'll go to the Temple game this year?!!

Meh, I'll wrestle her to the ground!!:becky: You bet I'll be there, you better be there too!!

If Tennessee makes their lay ups, they win handily that game. For some reason girls have huge troubles missing lay ups.

Might be due to ND's double digit shot blocking center. And ND could have won by 20 if they would have guarded the desperation three-pointers Tenn chucked up during the last 10 minutes. I know your schtick is the whole 'find something to kvetch about no matter what' but you might want to actually have some solid evidence to support it next time. Reimer absolutely held her own against Tenn. She didn't score, that's not her role. She bumped, bruised, and banged Tenn's bigs all night. The biggest praise from Tenn during their post game presser was for...gulp...wait for it...Reimer. "For her toughness."

I thought she played pretty well, too. I think she is averaging 10 points and 6 boards a game...something like that. That's not too shabby. I think the expectations were a lot higher for her with her ranking, but she is a solid contributor no doubt, plus only a year and a half into her college career.

Might be due to ND's double digit shot blocking center. And ND could have won by 20 if they would have guarded the desperation three-pointers Tenn chucked up during the last 10 minutes. I know your schtick is the whole 'find something to kvetch about no matter what' but you might want to actually have some solid evidence to support it next time. Reimer absolutely held her own against Tenn. She didn't score, that's not her role. She bumped, bruised, and banged Tenn's bigs all night. The biggest praise from Tenn during their post game presser was for...gulp...wait for it...Reimer. "For her toughness."

Hmm guess you havent watched much girls basketball in your life. I realize ND has Turner inside but Tennesee had 10+ simple lay ups, players should make. In the past ND had this same problem. My evidence Devereaux Peters, for a 6 4 player struggled with lay ups. Also, more evidence Reimer was a top 4 out of high school, Gatorade player of the year if I'm not mistaken. There's no reason why she can't average 15-20 a game, and 5+ rebounds. If somehow she dominates the rest of the year, I'll shut my trap but this won't happen.

This women's team could beat a lot of high school male teams. Jewell is more skilled than tons of male basketballers. Lindsay Allen is money when she shoots and has made a half court shot in game competition this year. Don't underestimate their abilities. Our team is way more athletic than most women's teams.

Tennessee missed layups because they were being heavily challenged by Reimer and Westbeld. I think these girls are so fun to watch. They are improving daily and could give Connecticut a real challenge in the tournament.