American Sniper

ckp160

I was just reading about the opposing opinions, some people really are ignorant. I am not surprised that fat suit Moore chimed in, little surprised that Seth Rogen decided to say something, a little disappointed given that he is coming off his own debacle with the Interview.

We can only hope this results in another Eastwood-Spike Lee classic kind of moment when Eastwood said "That guy needs to shut his face."

Moore is a POS! Thankfully not an immediate or distant relation that I know of lol. Seriously though he calls snipers/tactical shooters cowards, but what does he call drone strikes, artillery, air raids and the like? SOB just doesn't like war, which is fine, but don't tear down the folks who go and fight it while sitting in your luxurious mansion behind a computer screen. The next thing he does positive for our country will be the first thing he's ever done for it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son is leaving for his 5th tour in a few weeks. He is a Sergent Major in the Special Forces.

Although he has never mentioned any missions, he has discussed sniper training and the mentality of a good sniper. It is usually a spotter and a shooter and it can really demoralize the enemy.

It is not for everyone.

5th? Wow. God be with him.

i wonder how much money Jesse Ventura is going to rake in from the box office?

He already got paid from Kyles widow. I believe the court case was settled a couple months back. The movie and venturas pay out don't have anytging to do with each other, as far as I know.

Ventura got paid by Harper & Collins Publishing's insurance on the book. They have since redacted the vague reference to him from all published works/American Sniper.

Word is though now Jessie's going after more money due to the "Ventura bump" this movie allegedly got due to his name being sullied. Thing is, I watched this great film because of the story and because of who directed it.

The guy can eat a bag of dicks in my opinion. He already got over a million dollars from the insurance settlement and now he's going after more?

As an aside, "defamation against Jessie Ventura" is pretty comical to think about. Like his own produced shows haven't done worse for his rep?? lol.

Ventura got paid by Harper & Collins Publishing's insurance on the book. They have since redacted the vague reference to him from all published works/American Sniper.

Word is though now Jessie's going after more money due to the "Ventura bump" this movie allegedly got due to his name being sullied. Thing is, I watched this great film because of the story and because of who directed it.

The guy can eat a bag of dicks in my opinion. He already got over a million dollars from the insurance settlement and now he's going after more?

As an aside, "defamation against Jessie Ventura" is pretty comical to think about. Like his own produced shows haven't done worse for his rep?? lol.

Yep, the body is a royal POS.

I can tell you I wouldn't sue the widow of a national heroe. The body could have let the whole thing die with Kyle. It's not like he has much credibility anyway.

Not defending Ventura, but he filed while Kyle was alive and Kyle did not settle or retract. The proof that the incident didn't happen apparently was pretty undisputable to a jury and an appeals judge. He's a prick for sure, but libel is hard to prove and he proved it. Sadly.

I thought the movie was very well done. The baby scenes were pathetic. The doll was a stift as a surfboard.

I took the whole film as, frankly, anti-war. To me it demonstrated the horrors, the waste and the wreckage both on the field of battle and the decades soldiers and families will suffer at home. I was surprised coming from Eastwood.

Figured I would add onto this thread...but this is only about the book and movie "Lone Survivor"

Book - absolutely awesome. One of the best books i've every read. So descriptive and I was unable to put it down the last 200 pages or so. Just an amazing true story. Would put it just behind Unbroken for best war books I've ever read and still top 5 books of all time.

Movie - absolutely terrible. I mean just effin awful compared to the book. zero character development. zero character development. zero character development. I watched it the day after I finished the book. They exaggerated and changed some critical parts of the book when they didn't need to. Book was awesome just how it was start. Would have helped a ton if they had a Marcus voice narrating his thoughts or explaining. I have no idea how the movie ran 2 hours and left out so much.

Bottom line - read the book and you won't be disappointed.

Figured I would add onto this thread...but this is only about the book and movie "Lone Survivor"

Book - absolutely awesome. One of the best books i've every read. So descriptive and I was unable to put it down the last 200 pages or so. Just an amazing true story. Would put it just behind Unbroken for best war books I've ever read and still top 5 books of all time.

Movie - absolutely terrible. I mean just effin awful compared to the book. zero character development. zero character development. zero character development. I watched it the day after I finished the book. They exaggerated and changed some critical parts of the book when they didn't need to. Book was awesome just how it was start. Would have helped a ton if they had a Marcus voice narrating his thoughts or explaining. I have no idea how the movie ran 2 hours and left out so much.

Instead of narrating, they just asked him to appear as another operator in the film. When they showed his buttery face in a kevlar, it looked like someone trying to pick up pudding with their hands.

I've heard the book was very good. Loved the movie though. Thought it was very powerful with memorable scenes throughout. The fighting/war scenes were intense and detailed. Doubt the book could have visually created that. Thought the acting was top notch too.