American Sniper

ckp160

I've heard the book was very good. Loved the movie though. Thought it was very powerful with memorable scenes throughout. The fighting/war scenes were intense and detailed. Doubt the book could have visually created that. Thought the acting was top notch too.

I'm not a big book reader but the detail about the fight scenes, time spent with the Afghans and eventual rescue was awesome in the book. In the movie they had to gloss over and change so many things (i think due to time). Felt like I was there the whole way. Trust me...read the book.

Also, the first hundred or so pages of the book go into detail about Seal training, hell week, etc. I wasn't disappointed when they cut this out though cause it woulda made the movie slower. The book also flashes back to describe what his family was going through when he was MIA...really powerful.

I agree Echo that the real Marcus Luttrell looks nothing like a Seal in the face. They have pics of him and those killed in the book. Kinda chuckled when i saw him in the movie. He's obv a bad a-- but still...not the picture you have of a seal.

Edited by DTCBND03

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic