American Sniper

ckp160

Saw it today.... very well done. I read the book a while back, so I don't fully remember it, but the movie is pretty good. I'd recommend it if people haven't seen it. Kind of a bro cry movie though..... be armed with an excuse when you tear up. The 2 I suggest are:

1. "Dammit... out of napkins and somehow I've gotten popcorn salt in my eyes."

2. "They need to change the air filters in here.... the pollen is really making my allergies kick up."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this last night. Excellent movie. Hits close to home for me and probably a lot of people. I will just say that I have a close cousin who deployed 3 times to Iraq and Afghanistan, and I'm still waiting for him to come home. The physical body is here, but the goofy kid and wisecracking man he became....I'm still waiting on him to come home.

Edited by JayPfromSB
spelling and slight edits

My son is leaving for his 5th tour in a few weeks. He is a Sergent Major in the Special Forces.

Although he has never mentioned any missions, he has discussed sniper training and the mentality of a good sniper. It is usually a spotter and a shooter and it can really demoralize the enemy.

It is not for everyone.

Edited by AlabamaDuck
spelling

My wife really wants to see this movie. After reading this thread, I do too. It almost sounds kind of like "Lone Survivor" from last year which was awesome.

Anyone here seen Taken 3 yet?

I saw Taken 3 last weekend. Meh. Glad there was finality to it but I didn't like how they suddenly changed the opposition. Much more 'believable' (I know, lol) if it was the scorned/out-for-revenge family from the first two movies. I could have sworn they were going to go with Kim's boyfriend from Taken 2 as the grandkid of the Albanians, but I was way off on that. Tell me he doesn't look Albanian...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608038048082690115&w=115&h=173&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

I saw Taken 3 last weekend. Meh. Glad there was finality to it but I didn't like how they suddenly changed the opposition. Much more 'believable' (I know, lol) if it was the scorned/out-for-revenge family from the first two movies. I could have sworn they were going to go with Kim's boyfriend from Taken 2 as the grandkid of the Albanians, but I was way off on that. Tell me he doesn't look Albanian...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608038048082690115&w=115&h=173&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

Thanks. I'm a big Neeson fan. Saw his new one "A Walk Among the Tombstones" recently as it just hit dvd. Good movie but super intense and pretty graphic. If you like his movies, you'll like it.

Saw Taken 3. Going to see AS Tuesday. T3 was much better than two but that wasn't hard to do. I'd wait to see it on Redbox if you are filling the trilogy. It's was ok. Is AS like lone survivor? Just watched that last week and thought it was well done.

I was just reading about the opposing opinions, some people really are ignorant. I am not surprised that fat suit Moore chimed in, little surprised that Seth Rogen decided to say something, a little disappointed given that he is coming off his own debacle with the Interview.

We can only hope this results in another Eastwood-Spike Lee classic kind of moment when Eastwood said "That guy needs to shut his face."