nickman54, What is your Deal?!?

You're up Chief.

Did you attend ND ?

When did you become a fan?

Who is your favorite player? Past and Present.

Will all the frozen 5 return this year?

song that gets you pumped

What is your game day ritual?

Beside DD if you could only view one other ND site it would be?

What other sports teams do you follow?

Does Grace come back and contribute on the field this year?

lassie or rin tin tin?

Did you have to Google that last question?

Who would play you in a DD movie?

What is something we'd be surprised to know about you?

Finish this sentence regarding ND, I should be slapped for predicting________

You will stop rooting for ND when?

Thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you attend ND ?

Nope, Indiana Institute of Technology

Very young, Grandpa indoctrinated me around the age of 5.

Past is probably the Bus, present is Jaylon(He is from Fort Wayne)

No, at least one or two of them will not.

Whore, by In This Moment, I would drink Maria Brink's bath water.

Try to get everything done around the house before kickoff. Drinking.

Probably 247, but if DD ceased to exist I would only go there to get recruiting info.

Da bears, Cubs, and just a little Blackhawks.

Nope, i would be surprised if he ever plays for ND again.

lassie or rin tin tin?

Rin Tin Tin only because my neighbor growing up had a border collie that i hated.

Nope.

Tough one, probably Jon Belushi, or any other sophomoric idiot.

I am about to turn 33 and have been with my wife since right before i turned 17. I also witnessed a murder when i was 17, if you are into that.

[/b]

Notre Dame beating Michigan any year!

I die. I have threatened to stop when they start paying players, but that's not likely.

Edited by nickman54
Wrong age of when i met wife!

Nice, I was like WTF mate with the thread title. :p

I die. I have threatened to stop when they start paying players, but that's not likely.

Paying players would definitely start to ruin college football. But I would root for ND until I stop watching college football all together.

Nice, I was like WTF mate with the thread titlI . :p

Paying players would definitely start to ruin college football. But I would root for ND until I stop watching college football all together.

Personally I'm against paying players but in this climate of greed if i had a vote, it would be to pay the kids.

Here ya go nick....

You're up Chief.

Did you attend ND ?

Nope. Susquehanna university Selinsgrove PA

around 93. God rest my therapist Mike's soul, we lost him while he was training for a marathon this year. He wrote to Holtz, Holt signed a football and sent it to me along with Mcdougal and Becton.

fire away, Ron Powlus played like a half hour from me. Was a true gentleman. I knew his childhood babysitter

Joe Schmidt- I like the guys no one gives a chance

Some. Thinking Russell.

Enter sandman, Proud to be an American, ND fight song

Recently, gameday chat, can't forget my schell family day last week, I've long distance adopted schell's family and Sligo

notredame.247sports.com , think they give the most free content

Atlanta Braves (long story), Buffalo Bills (long story) Coach K(USA basketball and his other team:) Notre Dame basketball(two in the ACC is now weird)

not sure, thinking not.

lassie or rin tin tin?

lassie, I don't remember rin tin tin

NO

Whoever you want

wheeled 3 miles just to prove I could do it, daily for a few years. not in my electric chair, manual chair on banked corners at the local YMCA

Finish this sentence regarding ND, I should be slapped for predicting an undefeated season every year.

End of time.

Did you attend ND ?

No, I attended Concordia University in Montreal. I was highly recruited across Canada and at a few U.S. schools but I chose to stay close to home. Ended up leaving training camp after a traumatic event on campus; thought I'd return to camp the following year but landed a job, fell hard for Notre Dame Saturdays and never looked back. Have tons of regrets and have nightmares about going back to training camp at least three or four times a year.

I have been a fan since 1987. Attended my first game in 1994 - Navy after driving 20+ hours to get to South Bend...will never forget seeing the golden dome gleaming at 4 in the morning...slept in the van at University Park mall overnight with five other guys in sub zero temps...we made so much condensation all cramped in that van that it felt like we'd wet the bed... We scalped on Angela and ended up sitting on the field in the end zone...it was magical coming out of the tunnel seeing the stadium that first time.

Past is tough...toss up between Chris Zorich and Jerome Bettis for top-tier talents...other faves not so revered by the masses would be Luke Petitgout, Jordan Black and Gene McGuire. Te'o was God until sh!t hit the fan...

Current roster...Christian Lombard, Ronnie Stanley, Jaylon of course and Andrew Trumbetti...Pumped to see Nyles Morgan in action...

No. It has taken too long. I think we've heard too much about Russell coming back but a small part of me thinks that's wishful thinking...

-Wake up and shower with Irish Spring soap

-Get whatever needs to be done - done

-Hit LCBO for some fine stouts

-Prep whatever the special meal of the day is

-Shower close to game time and gear up with a fresh outfit (been rocking the UA stuff wifey got me for my birthday) and lucky camouflage boxer briefs (we're going to war)

-Pace relentlessly until the pregame starts a half hour before kick off

-Sit in the same seat...watching upstairs in living room (despite the fact I have a sweet Notre Dame man cave downstairs - we are undefeated up there...

-Have to have one of my homebrew coconut stouts at kickoff...

-I hold a mouthful of stout during crucial plays and throughout commercial breaks (I know, weird...but I have to...)

-Switch to my ND 59Fifty when things aren't going well (you guys are welcome for that late game TD Saturday...)

-Obsessively scour for high resolution images for hours after the game

Don't go to any others especially since southbendtribune.com started copy protecting their images...

Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Maple Leafs...used to follow Texas Longhorns baseball and football but too committed to the Irish to bother these days...I was a huge Spike Owen and Roger Clemens fan growing up...have thousands of dollars in Clemens memorabilia framed beautifully that I can't bring myself to hang...

Sadly, no; he won't contribute. But I'd bet dollars to donuts he sees the field on Senior Day... He was the heir to Te'o's throne...would have loved for him to come in and destroy it...

lassie or rin tin tin?

Neither, I was all about George the St. Bernard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvLkKvfB2zU

No.

Since I was 14 people have been telling me I look like Roger Clemens and recently a fatter Chris Pratt so...one of them?

That I am an avid horseradish gardener. That I collect Rankin-Bass Christmas ornaments. That I have obsessive compulsive disorder and eat food off my plate in very particular order rarely (and I mean RARELY) jumping from item to item - I eat things in order of least appealing to most...so I'll eat all my peas, then all my mashed potatoes, then all my turkey, then all my stuffing this Sunday for Canadian Thanksgiving.

...that Chiro's wife will one day leave him for me...and my wife...THREESOME!!! Or that or Sligo dreams about me...

When I'm dead...though I often wondered if I would survive a Penn State-esque scandal in South Bend...

Thanks

That was fun!!!!

Nice work Rocket !!! You are cracking me up. I have to say that food in order thing is crazy! So if you got a cheeseburger and fries you would eat all of one first?

Yep, fries would be consumed first...same with a fine steak dinner... Baked potato until it is gone...then mushrooms...then steak...

I'm up? Let's unravel the riddle: Parsehgian's Theorem...

Rocketsan nominated me. Mystery solved?

Did you attend ND ?

No.

First game I remember watching was 1992 Sugar Bowl vs. Florida

My dad was a fan his entire life.

Too many to pick one. Loved watching Clausen throw the football. Loved watching Golden Tate. Golson is super exciting to watch right now.

I'm just a fan of the team. want all the players to do well.

seems unlikely but I have no clue.

changes every now and then. right now it is Centuries by Fall Out Boy when I'm lifting. Was a couple volbeat songs prior to that and breaking skin by non-point. but metallica, AC/DC Shoot to thrill/Thunderstruck or Guns and Roses Welcome to the Jungle are classics. But all those songs are on my workout playlist among others. There's also a "Why we fall" motivational song that I love to listen to.

Watch the game. Usually at work, at the game or working at the game.

To tell you the truth, DD is the only ND site I go to. With the suspension stuff I have read NDNation and Irish Envy for news. I will go with Jim Small's ND blog.

Cubs, although they really pissed me off after getting swept in back-to-back series a few years ago. def a love hate there right now.

I tried telling people back in June that Grace wouldn't play at all this year according to a staff member.

lassie or rin tin tin?

Hooch, from turner and hooch.

hell no.

I have been told I look like Brett Favre, Sunshine from Remember the Titans and in a restaurant a couple weeks ago, an employee there told me I look like Thor. LOL.

That I'm not "midwestguy"

Finish this sentence regarding ND, I should be slapped for predicting that Stanford would cover against ND. But I really only did this to put the game in a win-win situation for me. However, Saturday morning I actually bet on the Irish.

never of course. I don't think there will be any differing answers here.