I Can't Watch

She's already proven herself as a Coach ten times over. The jury came in, gave its verdict, went out to eat, drank too much, danced, got sick, went to bed, woke up, took an Advil and drank a Bloody Mary, gave its verdict again for those who missed it the first time, saw a movie, and crashed its car into a bridge but didn't care. It was all in the papers: didn't you see?

During the last four years Coach McGraw has done more with less, taking the Lady Irish to three Final Fours and two National Championship games. Lest anyone gets too focused on UConn's win in the Semis last year, let's not forget that Auriemma went 1-3 against Notre Dame last season and that it was Notre Dame which cut his season short three years ago in another Semifinal game.

ESPN is enamored with UConn, but, personally, I am much more impressed with Notre Dame's accomplishments these last three years as well as the poise and class the Lady Irish continually show. Not to mention the lack of BS that comes out of the mouth of our coach versus their's. If my daughter were to have a choice of which coach to play under, it wouldn't really be much of a choice as far as I'm concerned.

The fact is that the Irish are past the point of needing to compare themselves to anyone else. This was my last attempt to open anyone's eyes: I am absolutely finished wasting time thinking about that team from the American Athletic Conference. It is all about the Lady Irish of Notre Dame and the ACC, baby. From now on, if you choose to doubt themthen you do so at your own peril.

I've learned a lot in NDs other sports and all I know is its just like men's basketball. Its a lost season unless you win a national championship. The girls of course dominate in the regular and post season but can't get over the hump and win a Natty Championship. IMO final fours look nice in the rafters but you come to ND to win it all.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennesse had already 3 losses and one at home, they are far from UCONN. UCONN has played more top teams than ND and is beating everyone by 20+. Also, like Darin Princhett ND hockey play by play man said there's a big difference between top 5 and everyone else in girls bball.

Never compared Tenn to UConn. I showed how UConn only beat Baylor by 11 points, and Baylor is ranked lower than Tenn--which ND beat by 16 points. UConn is not invincible. You need to remember that if there's one team that's been a thorn in UConn's side these last couple of years, it's been the Irish. And they're the one team that can run with them. Beating them 3 times last year tells me they're not afraid of them and that they can compete with them.

Never compared Tenn to UConn. I showed how UConn only beat Baylor by 11 points, and Baylor is ranked lower than Tenn--which ND beat by 16 points. UConn is not invincible. You need to remember that if there's one team that's been a thorn in UConn's side these last couple of years, it's been the Irish. And they're the one team that can run with them. Beating them 3 times last year tells me they're not afraid of them and that they can compete with them.

We also had the greatest player ever to play at ND

We also had the greatest player ever to play at ND

Ruth Riley played for the Irish last year?? All kidding aside, ND hasn't really regressed too much from losing Skylar like when the football team lost Manti. It get it, you're going to disagree with anyone who's optimistic over the lady Irish. You'll probably disagree with this post and that's fine. But I think most would agree with the upward direction of the WBB and that they're closer than any other team in being able to compete and beat the mighty UConn.

• 2 weeks later...