Global Warming

piratey

http://monthlyreview.org/2012/05/01/petroleum-and-propaganda

One thorough overview of the global climate change denier society ...

Yet it's the climate alarmists that have published fake data. Manipulating it in order to get more government grants.

Most environmental predictions have been proven wrong. I remember ted danson claiming that the oceans would only last 10 years with fish life back in 1984. All scientists have to do is find a gullible idiot in power like al gore or In Hollywood in order to peddle their ideas despite evidence and common sense. Al gore predicted the earth only had 10 more years because of warming. He said this in 2006...yet stuff like this is happening http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/it-got-so-cold-so-quickly-in-this-norweigan-bay-that-it-froze-a-bunch-of-fish-swimming-in-it-232504960.html

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I guess many of the shows I've seen addressing the overall warming of the world have used doctored photos and video. Sure, graphs can be doctored and manipulated, but I've seen photos of polar regions that remained relatively unchanged for decades, then have shown a dramatic decrease of ice cover over the last 30 years.

Or the streams of water running through regions where they haven't seen flowing water through the ice as long as they've been studying it.

Or the glaciers that have historically receded then progressed back to their original lengths up until recently, where they are receding and not going back to their original spots, therefore shrinking.

I'm no scientist, just a guy with an open mind, who does think things on a global front are warming, but ALSO have the open mind to say it isn't necessarily man-made...that it could be just one of the more abnormal climate swings we've seen in a long time which may well swing back the other way. But to call the warming trend a "hoax" is something I just can not accept.

Man, I guess many of the shows I've seen addressing the overall warming of the world have used doctored photos and video. Sure, graphs can be doctored and manipulated, but I've seen photos of polar regions that remained relatively unchanged for decades, then have shown a dramatic decrease of ice cover over the last 30 years.

Or the streams of water running through regions where they haven't seen flowing water through the ice as long as they've been studying it.

Or the glaciers that have historically receded then progressed back to their original lengths up until recently, where they are receding and not going back to their original spots, therefore shrinking.

I'm no scientist, just a guy with an open mind, who does think things on a global front are warming, but ALSO have the open mind to say it isn't necessarily man-made...that it could be just one of the more abnormal climate swings we've seen in a long time which may well swing back the other way. But to call the warming trend a "hoax" is something I just can not accept.

That is the key to the whole debate. We have limited knowledge of what occurred in the past.

There is fossil evidence to suggest Greenland used to be a lush forest, now it is covered in ice. If it all melts, people will point to global warming, though it was already melted before.

That is the key to the whole debate. We have limited knowledge of what occurred in the past.

There is fossil evidence to suggest Greenland used to be a lush forest, now it is covered in ice. If it all melts, people will point to global warming, though it was already melted before.

I actually agree. I'm a weird case in that I completely believe there is overall warming and that calling the whole thing a hoax is ridiculous, yet I'm not willing to say it's man-made. I think it's reasonable to think that man may have an effect, and may well be the main reason, but I think there are WAY too many unknown variables and that it could just as well be due to forces of nature.

• 4 weeks later...

Update! Lol...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-09/global-warming-slowdown-due-to-pacific-winds-study-shows.html

it's the wind! hahaha.

More powerful winds in the past 20 years may be forcing warmer seas deeper and bringing cooler water to the surface, 10 researchers from the U.S. and Australia said today in the journal Nature. That has cooled the average global temperature by as much as 0.2 degree Celsius (0.36 Fahrenheit) since 2001.

Scientists have been trying to find out why the rate of global warming has eased in the past 20 years while greenhouse-gas emissions have surged to a record. Today’s paper elaborates on a theory that deep seas are absorbing more warmth by explaining how that heat could be getting there.

“The net effect of these anomalous winds is a cooling in the 2012 global average surface air temperature of 0.1–0.2 degree Celsius, which can account for much of the hiatus in surface warming observed since 2001,” the researchers wrote. They’re led by Matthew England, a professor of oceanography at the University of New South Wales in Australia.

The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change said in September that the average temperature since 1998 has increased at less than half the rate since 1951. The world has warmed by an average 0.05 degree per decade since 1998, compared with the 1951-2012 average of 0.12 degree a decade, the UNIPCC said

“This hiatus could persist for much of the present decade if the tradewind trends continue; however rapid warming is expected to resume once the anomalous wind trends abate,” the authors of today’s study said. “Volcanoes and changes in solar radiation can also drive cooler decades against the backdrop of ongoing warming,” they said.

So there is global warming but the Earth isn't letting them prove it...lol

• 1 month later...

It's definitely happening...and i can say that after one of the coldest and worst winters in chicago. Was great to see 60 minutes special of Elon Musk and talk about how cars can be run off the sun for free. I'm definitely gonna look into buying one of their mass market cars when they come out in 2015.

Global warming turned into climate change.

Half of the scientists disagree on the numbers used and outcome. Media will say 99% of scientists agree but that isn't accurate.

Liberals always want more government to correct any issue. Conservatives and libertarians believe is government oversight but not control.

Take a look at where all of the millions of dollars went to wind farms, algae energy, and other sources of green energy. They are a fraud. Huge money going to board of directors and they don't produce anything that works.

Global warming turned into climate change.

Half of the scientists disagree on the numbers used and outcome. Media will say 99% of scientists agree but that isn't accurate.

Liberals always want more government to correct any issue. Conservatives and libertarians believe is government oversight but not control.

Take a look at where all of the millions of dollars went to wind farms, algae energy, and other sources of green energy. They are a fraud. Huge money going to board of directors and they don't produce anything that works.

Liberalism in general is a big lie and scam. I just wonder how many billions of dollars it is taking to spray the toxic chem trails every single day all over our country? Why is it so top secret? What are they hiding and what is their real agenda? Is it related to the epidemic of alzheimers?? Rise in respiratory deaths and lower birth rates? Is it population control for the benefit of the big wigs up top?

Liberalism in general is a big lie and scam. I just wonder how many billions of dollars it is taking to spray the toxic chem trails every single day all over our country? Why is it so top secret? What are they hiding and what is their real agenda? Is it related to the epidemic of alzheimers?? Rise in respiratory deaths and lower birth rates? Is it population control for the benefit of the big wigs up top?

Billions? Don't be silly. It only cost $35,992,144 to gas up the Midwest so far this year but it ended up costing $55,421,670 to cover the health costs of the uninsured that we were trying to poison. Also, the manufacturers of Alzheimer's-Inducing Dusteez' have been jacking up the price on us, so we are mulling switching to Leroy's Irritable Bowel Syndrome Crystals next fiscal year. *cough*

Billions? Don't be silly. It only cost $35,992,144 to gas up the Midwest so far this year but it ended up costing $55,421,670 to cover the health costs of the uninsured that we were trying to poison. Also, the manufacturers of Alzheimer's-Inducing Dusteez' have been jacking up the price on us, so we are mulling switching to Leroy's Irritable Bowel Syndrome Crystals next fiscal year. *cough*

Well, yesterday I saw 8 planes in the sky at the same time spewing their, whatever it is, so I can only imagine what it costs every day to cover the entire country.

Well, yesterday I saw 8 planes in the sky at the same time spewing their, whatever it is, so I can only imagine what it costs every day to cover the entire country.

It was Alzheimer's Inducing Dusteez. Wait, nevermind. Yesterday was Sunday, so it would have been Particles O' Polio

Well, we can only hope one of the big wigs ventures into a confessional just like in Soylent Green.

Is this movie any good? I've seen it referenced a couple of places and wanted to know if it was worth checking out.

The United Nations called an emergency meeting for....was for the Russian troops massing against the Ukraine??? No it was frikin climate change. Big bucks in that climate change garbage. Chem trails are known to cause blizzards and drought.