What are your favorite Movie comedies of all time?

100%.. Still shocked at how many people haven't seen it.. I mean, the plot-line alone says it all..

"Self-proclaimed stuntman Rod Kimble is preparing for the jump of his life - to clear fifteen buses to raise money for his abusive stepfather Frank's life-saving heart operation - so he can fight him."

Side note : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ltZlFu1VRQ

Added to netflix queue.....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good calls for many that have been listed already. There are so many to chose from, but these are all very high on my list and tough to narrow down:

Princess Bride-can watch with the whole family, and the battle of wits scene is one of my favorites regardless of genre.

Animal House

Blues Brothers

Major League

Slapshot

Great Outdoors

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Grumpy Old Men

Dodgeball

Every Which Way But Loose

Blazing Saddles

Spaceballs

The Sandlot

Back to School

Weird Science

Talladega Nights

Dumb and Dumber

Coming to America

Liar Liar

Walk Hard-Dewey Cox Story

Zoolander

Pink Panther

Naked Gun

Police Academy 1 & 2

Tommy Boy

Anchorman

The Longest Yard-Burt Reynolds version

Mystery Men

Something About Mary

Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke

Three Amigos

Zombieland

MASH

Ground Hog Day

What About Bob

Strange Brew

Pulp Fiction-maybe not a comedy, but I LMAO that whole movie

Dazed and Confused

You've got a great list here Jesse. I would add:

A Fish Called Wanda - Cleese and Kline were brilliant

Sordid Lives - As dark as comedy gets.

Anyone seen Dale and Tucker vs Evil? Hilarious spin on the horror genre. Dale and Tucker are a couple of well-intentioned country boys who are going to fix up a cabin in the sticks they bought for a summer home, when they run into some "college kids" who mistake them for crazed hillbilly murderers, hilarity ensues

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9Ib7rDds5jk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone seen Dale and Tucker vs Evil? Hilarious spin on the horror genre. Dale and Tucker are a couple of well-intentioned country boys who are going to fix up a cabin in the sticks they bought for a summer home, when they run into some "college kids" who mistake them for crazed hillbilly murderers, hilarity ensues

Hahaha.. a couple of my friends were actually telling me about this movie.. I was kinda on the fence about it.. But it's worth a watch?

Hahaha.. a couple of my friends were actually telling me about this movie.. I was kinda on the fence about it.. But it's worth a watch?

Absolutely. Especially if you're a fan of the horror genre. It takes all the common tropes of "inbred killer" and flips them on a top.

I confess , I enjoyed the Dale and Tucker vs Evil. It was fun rooting for the country boys.

I saw a trailer for Rango last night. It saw it years ago and it was pretty good in the animation genre. I saw a mention of Ferris Buellar today and it deserves to be on a list if it is not already.

I can't believe I haven't seen one of my alltime faves on here:

Fletch

Also really like the Coen brothers'

Raising Arizona

I think the rest have been pretty well covered.

I have heard other mention Fletch before so I tried it years ago. It did not grab me so maybe I should try it again.

It did make me think though that Chevy Chase's comedies have not grabbed me like those of other SNL grads like John Candy, Murray, Belushi, Akroyd and I am sure there are others.

Actually, was Candy ever on SNL or was he just on SCTV?

Raising Arizona was very good I thought. I have seen it more than once. I just liked Big Lebowski more and tried to keep it to one per director.

1 to 10...starting at the top (it wasn't suspose to look like ABC order just worked out).

A Christmas Story-continuous loop once a year what other movie gets that treatment?

Airplane

Animal House

Arsenic and Old Lace-doesn't matter what year it was made...freakn funny

Caddy Shack

The Hangover

The Return of Pink Panther

Wedding Crashers

Friday

American Pie or Rocky (I have to answer all movie questions like this or I will loose my Philly Passport)

Edited by edcubby