Post your first car

88 Cutlass

http://i.imm.io/1cylh.png

Not my car but looks just like it. I loved that car but when it took a turn for the worse, everything went. Not just mechanical but the paint,body and interior. I ended up leaving her in a parking lot of a fast food restaurant.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1991 Toyota Van, 178,000 miles, could turn on a dime. Women flocked when they saw this van rock. Driver/passenger sat on the engine. (was nice when the heat went out during the winter. "heated seats" so to speak)

http://drjldavis.tripod.com/images/Vans/Toyota%20Van%20ws/Toyota%20Van%20RtSd%20ws.jpg

A white '99 Mercury Cougar.. The most feminine car a dude could drive besides a Mazda Miata.. (my older sister messed up.. drove it outta state without telling my Dad.. he yanked it from her and put the keys to that vagina-mobile right in my hand.. and by vagina-mobile, I don't mean it got me laid.. I mean it was the equivalent to driving a 2000 lb. vagina.)

76 Chevy impala 4door. Big boat but it could run. Had a 350 with a 4 barrel carb. Moved up to a 76 coupe deville with terminal skin cancer......rusted up so bad when I got that when you rolled the windows down you could see the windows from the bottom. It could take 4 to 5 ft snowdrifts in st Joe county back roads like no other. Loved both of them.

Great thread btw.

I'm having issues posting a picture, but my first sled was an '86 Camry. I got it right after high school in '92. That thing lasted through my abuse and got passed down to my sister who defiled it and turned it into a hippie mobile.

88 Cutlass

http://i.imm.io/1cylh.png

Not my car but looks just like it. I loved that car but when it took a turn for the worse, everything went. Not just mechanical but the paint,body and interior. I ended up leaving her in a parking lot of a fast food restaurant.

You just abandoned it? LOL. I don't anybody who just said "Ef it" to their car.

http://i.oodleimg.com/item/3160524350u_3x424x360f_1977_chevrolet_malibu/?1346861263

1977 Cheverolet Chevelle Malibu Classic w/ 350 4bbl

Leaked enough oil to be a rolling EPA hazard. I had to add a quart every week. Paid $2500 for it when I turned 16 in 1987 after mowing grass for 3 summers. At least 4 people (me & 3 girls, not at the same time) were de-virginized in the back seat. Was indestructable and could do monster burnouts just by standing on the gas and brake at the same time. Lucky enough to own it for 3 years. I loathed it at the time but now...DAMN I miss that car!!

I spent my life savings of $1400.00 when I was 14 on a 1970 Z28 Camaro. The car was slightly wrecked and all painted in primer. It had a decent interior and it ran.

I didn't get to drive it until I was 17, I spent 3 years of my life, stripping it to the frame and rebuilding it from the ground up. Sandblasted and painted the frame, rebuilt the rear diff, replaced almost all of the front and rear suspension, new brakes, new wheels and tires and completely replaced all of the upholstery including headliner and carpet. I also completely rebuilt the engine, had it balanced and blueprinted and then overhauled the trans with a new shift kit and internals. When I finished, I had the fastest car in town and it was pushing 600 bhp. That is 600 brake horsepower for those who don't know cars. We also cut in new rear quarter panels and replaced bad metal in the rocker panels. We painted the car ourselves and it could not have turned out better. (Now for the rest of the story)

My dad owned an automotive repair shop so we did all of the mechanical labor after hours. His best friend was a professional body man. We had many connections that helped make the car come to life so I can't take all of the credit. We also got parts at a greatly reduced price and the wheels were given to me as a 16th birthday present form the wheel rep that we sold wheels for in our shop.

Here is a before and after:

236092509_ItsMine.jpg.39aa1835f193603c4573f669b6554542.jpg

1190401654_DoneZ28.jpg.73f67af2cc6700e7a03b5f27a2a6c5b9.jpg

The sad part of the story is that my sister drove my car while I was away at college and wrecked it. I didn't have the hear to do it all over again and sold it wrecked for about $8000.00. It was'nt bad but needed a new fender and wheel.

I spent my life savings of $1400.00 when I was 14 on a 1970 Z28 Camaro. The car was slightly wrecked and all painted in primer. It had a decent interior and it ran.

That is/was one beautiful camaro! good job on the work...that thing looked amazing.

That is/was one beautiful camaro! good job on the work...that thing looked amazing.

I tried to get away from being a gear head in college. After I left the law enforcement field, I went to work for the local Toyota dealer. I hate working on cars now.

Interestingly enough though, I just picked up another project and am going to start another hot rod build.