Prayer request for my wife

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more time. This last year has been terrible for her.

ย 

She has had periphereal neuropathy for quite awhile, which basically means the nerves in her extremities are degrading. Heat helps her feet so she was using a small space heater under her desk. She bought a foot warming mat but it did its job too well. She couldn't feel it but it burned the sides of her feet(She sits with them crossed. That was in December, the one foot had fourth degree burns and hasn't come close to healing yet. She's been confined to a wheelchair the entire time.

ย 

She went through her change late, just three years ago. Then a few months ago she started spotting again. About a month ago she started bleeding again then a week ago it got worse, when she started having large clots come out.

ย 

She went to have a biopsy done Monday, got the results back today and she has endometrial hyperplasia, excessive growth of cells on the lining of her uterus. The biopsy did not detect cancer but she's going to be having an ultrasound to see if she has any tumors. Regardless, she's going to undergo a hysterectomy and I'm wondering how this is going to go because she was born with a double uterus. I don't know if that means it will be more complicated or not. This last year has been the damn pits.

ย 

So, I again ask DD for a prayer for my Vicky.

Prayers for Vicky, Convert. May the Lord be with her and help her through her health problems and guide the doctors in providing the best care and comfort for her. Prayers also for you and your family to help be there for Vicky, to give her strength and support during the times she needs it most. May God Bless all of you.

Thank you for your thoughts everyone.

ย 

I'll be fine mentally Rocket, I was raised by a woman who went through many trials in life but kept picking herself up and carrying on so I don't know anything else. Emotionally, it will probably be difficult.

ย 

Vicky is the one that has gone through all of this and she's just so disheartened at this point. She's had health issues since she was fourteen so after over forty years, especially the last fourteen and this last year in particular it's really wearing her down. I'm just praying there is no cancer. The recovery from the hysterectomy would be bad enough but chemo or radiation on top of that?

ย 

I've always relied on the saying "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" during difficult times. Vicky has as well but she's reaching her limits.

Thank you OKIrish.

ย 

The results from the ultrasound didn't provide a very clear picture but they did say there was a "questionable mass" near her cervix. They didn't mention the size. Her pre-op exam is tomorrow so we won't know anything concrete until she actually has the surgery. I hope they can do the laparoscopic surgery because the recovery time is much shorter, especially considering her foot hasn't healed yet.

• 2 weeks later...

She had a D&C performed and it looks encouraging. They don't think it's cancer because generally the growths are hard and crusty and these weren't. They're hoping they can treat it with hormone therapy as she isn't a good candidate for a hysterectomy, I assume because she has a double uterus. They're still going to have tests run on the mass.

ย 

Thank you for your prayers and support!