Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers to everyone involved, families and friends, as well as the first responders to this horrific act of terrorism, God be with all of you. I've read one of the fatalities was an 8 year old boy, just terrible and totally unjustifiable.

Speculation abounds as to who would commit such a cowardly act. I have a feeling that this was home grown, as someone else alluded to in an earlier post since its Tax Day, Patriot Day, and in Boston home of the start of the American Revolution. Additionally the month of April is notorious for anti-government, skin head, militia POS to fly their colors.

Praying for the quick capture of ALL responsible parties and justice dolled out to them.

Still no one has taken credit. I find myself actually hoping it is a foreign based attack. The last thing that I want is a home grown culprit. That is especially true since there seemed to be some sophistication and pre planning to the attack.

Not a word yet. Of course, I would hate to think they publicize each piece of damning evidence. I want them to have the freedom and support to keep the evidence they find under wraps until they catch the perps.

My thinking is that this is two or three younger middle eastern men---perhaps students or others here on visa.

We have more then OUR SHARE of crazy nutbags in our own country but right wing political attacks--terrorist type attacks--most always attack GOVERNMENT targets--as we know the home grown terrorissim is mostly inspired by anti- gov feeling the "black helicopter types " the tim mcveigh approach.

This mass of people attack--causing public fear & damage smacks of the time square fella, he was alone and failed---a sympathetic middle eastern likely not associated with any organization would be my guess.

Personally i would RATHER it be homegrown--but my concern is that this could simply be more more BLOWBACK from our dubious involvment in the mid east and the aggressive drone program---and just part of what will not end soon.

Sometimes i just wish we would GET OUT of that part of the world, lock, stock, and barrel and let the INEVITABLE happen as they all TURN ON EACH OTHER without the U.S. to blame.

all guesswork and surmise---very depressing---really hate to see sporting events move to the forefront of terrorism---

Still very hopeful that with SO MUCH camera footage we can find the scumbags walking around and get some closure---

Hawaii has our own rather famous marathon--we would have a tough time recovering from something like this---it all is just such a drain---

A little angry--but mostly depressed by such madness.

aloha's

I can embrace a lot of your analysis. Only the Olympics bomb in Atlanta was a home grown guy. Other than that, I think it has been government targets usually for the home grown terrorist. It was tax day so instead of a government building it could be a day that is connected to the government.

I am tired of all this violence. Curiously, I read an article not long ago that said if you measured violence by the world's percentage of males suffering a violent death, this is the most peaceful time we have seen. It is apparently a relatively low figure right now compared to past times.

Yep i can see that---afterall for centuries life was "nasty short & cruel"--so many men were slaves. serfs, soldiers, or food of some form--:grin:--that todays millions in the advanced world may lead lives of 'quiet desperation" but at least they live to die in their bed so that stat is not surprising i suppose.

Nonetheless--some 55 million died from premature death in most every horrible way concievable only 60+ years ago---so events like this help make the point that we have to be vigilant or another global SPASM could easily come at us and this time 100-200 million dead, could be the natural evolution of social upheaval.

I love football season---focused --goal oriented--friendly competition--its consistency, general fairness, follow the rules, reward the winner but start even next season philosophy, is almost uptopian in an odd way.

aloha's

People playing investigator...

interesting...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/4chan-reddit-users-claim-identify-potential-suspects-boston-195842168.html

http://www.dailydot.com/news/4chan-boston-marathon-bomber-photo-evidence/

New media has gone cold. The heads of all media org's have been told to filter any reports to not give way info that can compromise the investigation and put officers in danger.

Something is going down tonight...my prediciton...if these guy's(guy) didn't hop on a plane...

Officers need to be careful not to walk into a trap...

Edited by Domer Dude

72 hours after the explosion law enforcement has identified and begun to apprehend two culprits, a 19 and 20 year old. One has died and the 19 year old is being pursued. I want him alive because We need to know if he was acting alone.

72 hours after the explosion law enforcement has identified and begun to apprehend two culprits, a 19 and 20 year old. One has died and the 19 year old is being pursued. I want him alive because We need to know if he was acting alone.

Looks like the brothers are Chechnen's... I would imagine their family fled during the second Chechnen war. Chechnen terrorists are an especially evil brand of Muslim terrorist, remember the Russia School Massacre that resulted in close to 400 deaths? Chechnen's.

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like they have him surrounded and are in communication with him. He has communicated to the police that he "is going to kill all of them just like they killed his brother."

Prayers go out to the enforcement agents.

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like they have him surrounded and are in communication with him. He has communicated to the police that he "is going to kill all of them just like they killed his brother."

Prayers go out to the enforcement agents.

My mistake; he posted this online. Regardless, they do have a house surrounded though they are also searching other houses.

I have been watching the news. The 19 year old seemed to have been totay assimilated with lots of friends in HS. No hint of political anything

No news outlet that I have seen so far has talked about the older brother interviewed his friends, or given any significant background about him.

No mention about any adults that they grew up with. Parents are apparently in Russia. Who did they live with for the 8 years they lived here?

I have been watching the news. The 19 year old seemed to have been totay assimilated with lots of friends in HS. No hint of political anything

No news outlet that I have seen so far has talked about the older brother interviewed his friends, or given any significant background about him.

No mention about any adults that they grew up with. Parents are apparently in Russia. Who did they live with for the 8 years they lived here?

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/04/boston-bombing-suspect-posted-video-al-qaeda-prophecy-youtube

Media isn't doing their job...

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the 26 year-old brother of the second Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, seems to have had a YouTube page where he posted religious videos, including a video of Feiz Mohammad, a fundamentalist Australian Muslim preacher who rails against the evils of Harry Potter. Among those videos is a playlist including one dedicated to the prophecy of the Black Banners of Khurasan which is embraced by Islamic extremists—particularly Al Qaeda. The videos posted on this YouTube page may shed light on the motivations for the attack on the Boston Marathon. The prophecy states that an invincible army will come from the region of "Khurasan," a large portion of territory in central Asia.

Awesome by both law enforcement and the community to find these guys in 3 days and get them off the street in 4.

I cannot see what their agenda was. Delusions of grandeur is all that I can see. They had a plan for mayhem but no plan to escape. Thankfully, one is still alive so we can find out what they were thinking. I can't help but assume sociopaths. No empathy for their victims and no real agenda that I can see.