Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

Awesome by both law enforcement and the community to find these guys in 3 days and get them off the street in 4.

I cannot see what their agenda was. Delusions of grandeur is all that I can see. They had a plan for mayhem but no plan to escape. Thankfully, one is still alive so we can find out what they were thinking. I can't help but assume sociopaths. No empathy for their victims and no real agenda that I can see.

the older brother went to "Russia" for six months to train from Chechen terrorists. It was a jihadist motive... the younger brother was merely drug along by his bro. He'll get to rot it Gitmo for the rest of his life.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Now what do people think? We have much better data now.

I am not seeing strong terrorist connections. I am guessing they acted alone. I am also curious how they can go that far in their planning without someone knowing what older brother was up to. The Mom apparently made some comments in her home beauty clinic that suggested she probably knew what her son was capable of.

Now what do people think? We have much better data now.

I am not seeing strong terrorist connections. I am guessing they acted alone. I am also curious how they can go that far in their planning without someone knowing what older brother was up to. The Mom apparently made some comments in her home beauty clinic that suggested she probably knew what her son was capable of.

http://i.imgur.com/PLgY6Gv.jpg

But in all seriousness, where are you getting your news? Because we're not reading the same things...

-The Russians warned us about him back in 2010, we briefly followed up the lead and dropped it in 2011.

-He received training during a 6 month trip to Dagestan, Russia in 2012

-They don't think they are part of a larger cell in the US but a foreign backing is almost assured.

I am not seeing anything that demonstrates older brother received training in his trip to Russia or that this is part of a wider plot. The investigation continues on both issues though.

Yesterday in the AP I read that "U.S. officials investigating the bombings have told The Associated Press that so far there is no evidence to date of a wider plot, including training, direction or funding for the attacks."

Then I saw on the Sunday circuit a couple of Senators were saying there is more going on. No evidence is cited but I do not want too much evidence thrown around before the investigation is more complete. Sometimes you need to keep your cards close to your vest for awhile.

For now, this looks like lone wolf action by one extremist who suckered his younger brother into helping him. Older brother strikes me as a narcissist who wanted attention to feel significant and used religion for his purpose. I do not get the younger brothers involvement. I think some folk (Mosque, FBI, his Mom, Uncle) had clues about older brothers burgeoning extremism but apparently did not think he would act like this on it.

The closest suggestion that I have seen that others were included as perps in the act is a "maybe" but no evidence has been shared with us yet.

I am not seeing anything that demonstrates older brother received training in his trip to Russia or that this is part of a wider plot. The investigation continues on both issues though.

Yesterday in the AP I read that "U.S. officials investigating the bombings have told The Associated Press that so far there is no evidence to date of a wider plot, including training, direction or funding for the attacks."

Then I saw on the Sunday circuit a couple of Senators were saying there is more going on. No evidence is cited but I do not want too much evidence thrown around before the investigation is more complete. Sometimes you need to keep your cards close to your vest for awhile.

For now, this looks like lone wolf action by one extremist who suckered his younger brother into helping him. Older brother strikes me as a narcissist who wanted attention to feel significant and used religion for his purpose. I do not get the younger brothers involvement. I think some folk (Mosque, FBI, his Mom, Uncle) had clues about older brothers burgeoning extremism but apparently did not think he would act like this on it.

The closest suggestion that I have seen that others were included as perps in the act is a "maybe" but no evidence has been shared with us yet.

Sure they would say that, the Russians tipped us off on this kid 2 years ago and we sat on our thumbs. The connection was there, we didn't do anything about it. He spent 6 months training...eh...sigh...Nevermind...This conversion will obviously not get anywhere.

Sure they would say that, the Russians tipped us off on this kid 2 years ago and we sat on our thumbs. The connection was there, we didn't do anything about it. He spent 6 months training...eh...sigh...Nevermind...This conversion will obviously not get anywhere.

You are right.