To our more religious members...a few questions

#1 Yeah because priests aren't human beings capable of human failure.

#2 You're 100% positive? You're also wrong and conceited for thinking there's no way you're not while claiming to not have faith. Agnostics all do the same crap. They say "oh I just don't know" and then in the next sentence come within a p*b$ hair of admitting the have "faith" that God doesn't exist. How is evolution more likely, considering how perfect everything had to turn out for life to even exist? How is evolution more likely, if you're 100% positive that no one knows whether or not God exists? You just contradicted yourself, and it took less than a short paragraph.

lol, you mad bro

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/umad.gif

#1 so covering up child molestations is human? sounds more like monster to me! i mean christianity dictates morality but i guess it didnt work with the top of the crop in the catholic organization. hmm interesting..

#2 yeah dummy im 100'% positive that the universe is over every human beings head.. tailbones we got em i guess at some point we had em.. duuuuuh

#3 not mad, just hate when ppl troll a good conversation as its pretty evident by your u mad bro comment.. if god exists he hates u! for sure.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
why do we have tail bones!! did adam and eve have them? how did the entire earth get populated with humans? one man one woman.. eeeeeewwww thats gross! and what about dinosaur bones i know i know the devil put them here. ;D

Anyone who takes all of the stories of the Bible literally is very ignorant...

I had a lot of these questions while in college. I can tell you that I think the bible left a few pieces of the timeline out. However, I don't know many doctors that don't believe in a higher power. There's just too damn many things that I've seen that science couldn't explain. I do know that I am 2.7% Neanderthal DNA.

I had a 13 year old kid in my office that had been run over by a car at age 9. He crossed over to the other side and spoke to Jesus, saw family that he didn't know (asked his mom about them later) etc. I asked him if he went to church now. He said heck no! I know where Im going. Jesus told me! The kid had never known the family that he met with Jesus and once he spoke to his mom and relayed what he had seen, she sobbed. The people were dead before the kid was born. Tfwiw.

I believe. I go to Catholic Church. I don't think all priests are bad. I know and play golf with a lot of good ones.

Life is what you choose to focus on. You have to believe it before you see it! That's why it is called faith.

I will mention what brought me back to Christianity. I read an article that said the Virgin Mary was appearing in Medjugorjie Yugoslavia to some children everyday. This was about 19 years ago and it got my attention. I started reading book after book about the subject and they were very convincing.

I traveled to a place in Conyers Georgia where they said Mother Mary was also appearing to a lady named Nancy Fowler. They said there were miracles in the sun, many healings and conversions. I journeyed 17 hours to this farm house on a big plot of land and there were about 5,000 people there ready for an 'apparition of our Lady'. It was a sunny day and not a cloud in the sky. The apparition was to occur at noon.

Precisely at noon it got very quiet. Even the babies were quiet. People started gasping as they were looking up at the sun and it was spinning and throwing off multiple colors. This was real. My wife started crying when she saw it. I have since witnessed many miraculous events but won't dare share them here.

I went back to Conyers for a total of 7 times. Each time the crowd grew. 12,000, to 15,000, to 20,000 then 40,000 to 50,000 and on my last trip over 100,000. On the final apparition there were over 300,000 people in attendance.

The apparitions ended but to this day people go there and bring back the water. I brought back the water to my friends and there were numerous micacles and healings.

There are messages with these apparitions from a Lady from heaven. She is warning us of what is about to happen. I saw a documentary of her warnings to the people in Rawanda a year before the massacre that killed nearly a million people, mostly by decapitation.

After my third trip to Conyers, my own daughter was visited by Our Lady. This continued for 6 months and she was put under silence by the Church. She was obedient. I was present during many of her apparitions. My daughter was 12 at the time and she would write down the messages given to her by the Virgin Mary. These would fill a book of a couple hundred pages.

These events lead me to study the miracles in the Catholic church. The incorrupt bodies of the saints, over 100 of them that did not decay or corrupt. Eucharistic miracles where the Host would bleed. One turned into human heart tissue and is still living flesh after 1500 years and confirmed by secular scientists.

The scientists that studied the Shroud of Turrin now believe it is authentic and some have joined the Church. The spiral staircase in Sante Fe New Mexico was built by a man believed to be St. Joseph. It has no nails to hold it together and is made of a wood not found on this earth.

Over 400 documented cases of someone being raised from the dead.

I did a novena to St. Theresa, the Little Flower. It was for this beautiful young lady that had ovarian cancer in its advanced stages and she was dying. If the answer to your prayer is yes, then you are to receive a freshly cut rose, usually on the third day of the novena. A lady came up to me and handed me a rose, freshly cut, on the third day. Nobody, and I mean nobody knew I was doing the novena. I called the gal and told her she would be healed. She was. She joined the Catholic Church.

I have many many more stories, but I know they won't be appreciated on this forum. I have studied and studied the Catholic Religion since all this happened. My children have seen their angels and their patron saints. The Bible says to partake of the Body and Blood worthily and you will be saved. For My Body is REAL food and my Blood is REAL drink and whosoever eats my body and drinks my blood will have eternal life.

Our Lady says to confess our sins, attend the holy Mass and pray the rosary. She now has appered to 3 of my children and a 4th saw Jesus. I'm not nuts. I'm not ignorant. I tell you the truth, and I can tell you time is shorter than you realize.

Edited by OklahomaIrish

It is pretty clear to anyone with intelligence, as you claim to have in abundance, that the Bible is a bunch of parables and not meant to be taken word for word.

Is it any crazier to ask why you'd believe in evolution with no definitive link from ape to human?

Or how the entire universe would develop out of nothing?

Or to question the statistical odds of every element being in the perfect amount throughout time to allow the development of the universe?

Or how random chemicals would come together in the primordial soup to create life?

None of these questions have been answered either with 100% definitiveness. Why don't those bother you as much?

Dinesh D'Souza, is that you?

No one will actually watch this...But here it is. It's an outstanding response to talking points atheists.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8NVxUP-SmE[/ame]

Start the 8:00 mark. That's when he lays the beatdown.

The book, "What's so great about Christianity" is spot on.

Edited by piratey

Dinesh D'Souza, is that you?

No one will actually watch this...But here it is. It's an outstanding response to talking points atheists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8NVxUP-SmE

Start the 8:00 mark. That's when he lays the beatdown.

The book, "What's so great about Christianity" is spot on.

does this book mention the inquisition and crusades? ;D

does this book mention the inquisition and crusades? ;D

Yes it does.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JfHgMny5qw[/ame]

Many atheists point to the Crusades, Inquisition and witch hunts to argue that Christianity is an evil religion. D’Souza takes on these allegations one by one. He argues that the Muslims were the aggressors; conquering the previously predominately Christian Middle East. They went on to conquer parts of Africa, Asia, part of Italy and most of Spain. All the while, they forced conversions at sword-point. Finally, more than two hundred years later Christians attempted to take back the land that was conquered by the Muslims. The First Crusade was a success, resulting in Jerusalem being in Christian possession for nearly a century. Subsequent crusades failed, but without the crusades, D’Souza argues

‘Western Civilization might have been completely overrun by the forces of Islam … The Christians fought to defend themselves from foreign conquest, while the Muslims fought to continue conquering Christian lands’ (p. 206).

As for the Inquisition, much of the modern stereotype was largely made up by Spain’s political enemies, and later by anti-Christians. The Inquisition only had authority over professing Christians, and the Inquisition trials were often fairer and more lenient than their secular counterparts. Often the only penalty given was some sort of penance such as fasting. Over a period of 350 years, historians such as Henry Kamen estimate only between 1,500 and 4,000 people were executed for heresy.

The Salem witch trials constitute the best-known example of religiously motivated violence. However, fewer than 25 people were killed in the trials, falling far short of the ‘perhaps hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions’ (p. 207) that the late antitheist Carl Sagan wrote about.

He points out that enemies of Spain(ie England) exaggerated many truths of the Inquisition, as the two nations were at war with one another during that period. What I found interesting was he broke down the number of people executed in the Inquisition being at roughly 11 people executed a year, compared to the number in England from 1735-1899 where 10,378 were executed at a clip of 63 per .

It's a fantastic book and I couldn't recommend it greater. He's funny, articulate, smart, and brings science to the table in defending Christianity. I've never been able to get an Atheist to read it though :(

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Whats-So-Great-about-Christianity/dp/1414326017[/ame]

Edited by piratey

Yes it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JfHgMny5qw

He points out that enemies of Spain(ie England) exaggerated many truths of the Inquisition, as the two nations were at war with one another during that period. What I found interesting was he broke down the number of people executed in the Inquisition being at roughly 11 people executed a year, compared to the number in England from 1735-1899 where 10,378 were executed at a clip of 63 per .

It's a fantastic book and I couldn't recommend it greater. He's funny, articulate, smart, and brings science to the table in defending Christianity. I've never been able to get an Atheist to read it though :(

http://www.amazon.com/Whats-So-Great-about-Christianity/dp/1414326017

i listened to a little bit of the video, once he mentioned unicorns i was done. sounds like the xian version of dawkins.

i listened to a little bit of the video, once he mentioned unicorns i was done. sounds like the xian version of dawkins.

-_- Sigh.

Here's a quick bite, try this one:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6uWppHY7L_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He also rationally asserts that evolution and belief in the bible are not independent from one another. The idea that god made man from his image is more in terms of the soul and conscious awareness than with physical form. Form is meaningless, but it is the mind and soul that sets us apart from animals. Regardless of your beliefs, you must believe there was a first man and first woman right?

He also rationally asserts that evolution and belief in the bible are not independent from one another. The idea that god made man from his image is more in terms of the soul and conscious awareness than with physical form. Form is meaningless, but it is the mind and soul that sets us apart from animals. Regardless of your beliefs, you must believe there was a first man and first woman right?

more like first men and first women.. otherwise we'd all be jacked up! ;D are you saying my dog doesnt have a soul! :(

-_- Sigh.

Here's a quick bite, try this one:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6uWppHY7L_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the universe has laws which have been created by a supreme being therefore christianity is correct. ok.. what else you got?

no u still evolved from an ape like creature

Link please (pun intended).

What evidence to you have of this? Hard, indisputable evidence. Not heresay, not theory, not guesswork. Actual factual evidence.

Oh, you have none, of course. Your belief in your "theory" is just as filled with holes as you seem to think my belief in my "theory" is.

But you have a tailbone they say. Of course, apes don't have tails either, but what matter is that. And "tailbone" is the vernacular for coccyx, but let's skip over that. And a "tailbone" has a distinct use in sitting vertically, but forget that. And evolution always gets rid of useful things like tails right? And explain why my tailbone is proportionately larger than that of an ape. So not only did evolution get rid of my tail, it then made my tailbone bigger than my supposed ancestor? That makes no sense at all. If it was no longer of use, why would it get bigger?

It works both ways. I can poke just as many holes in your theory as you can in mine. Neither of us will ever win an argument like this. You go on believing all of the ridiculous mish-mash that had to occur for your theory to work and I'll stick to mine.

the universe has laws which have been created by a supreme being therefore christianity is correct. ok.. what else you got?

He didn't say Christianity...He said supreme being.

Without entering into a theological debate as to whether Jesus Christ was the son of God,(Primarily the chief difference between Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All three religions recognize the God of Abraham as God) there is a difference between agnostic and atheist and D'Souza's goal is to rip holes in the arguments of Atheists.

He didn't say Christianity...He said supreme being.

Without entering into a theological debate as to whether Jesus Christ was the son of God,(Primarily the chief difference between Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All three religions recognize the God of Abraham as God) there is a difference between agnostic and atheist and D'Souza's goal is to rip holes in the arguments of Atheists.

that makes sense because ripping holes in the arguments of christianity is pretty easy! :D