Thank you Aaron Lynch

VCDomer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just so sad all around. Imagine if he had Manti's attitude and character. He'd end up being a CFB legend! Now he'll most likely do very well and be a CFB footnote. Yes, he may still get the riches of the NFL but he'll most likely be forgotten in the huge pile of NFL'ers.

This subject should be treated like an ex girlfriend. People let it go.

seems like we're treating it like a regular ex-gf....most of the time, we don't think about them, but sometimes you think about how it used to be and think about what it would be like if...

And you also call them over for some after break-up sex and one of you starts acting like you're together again and the other says "it was just sex" and then you go back to remembering why you broke up in the first place......so there's that

seems like we're treating it like a regular ex-gf....most of the time, we don't think about them, but sometimes you think about how it used to be and think about what it would be like if...

And you also call them over for some after break-up sex and one of you starts acting like you're together again and the other says "it was just sex" and then you go back to remembering why you broke up in the first place......so there's that

Well, maybe he can come back for the USC game and then when we push him back to Florida we'll say, it was just a game! ;)

I'll take Lynch's tangible/elite/dominating skills (strength, speed, size/length, etc.) over some buzz phrases that make for good movies in hollywood, or good headlines/articles in newspapers like "friendly locker rooms" "family" "togetherness" etc. but have little to no significance when it comes to being a better more skilled football team.

This is an extremely ignorant comment. Team chemistry doesn't matter/has little impact on whether a team is a better team? Really? Anyone who has been a part of a team dynamic (be it in sports, work, academics, etc) knows that a heck of a lot more success comes from a cohesive as opposed to dysfunctional team...

Now, I'm not saying the team is "more talented" or "more skilled" without Lynch or that he would make it dysfunctional. However, given some of his actions and behaviour, combined with the exceptional cohesion this team seems to have, I do not think it is crazy to think that this years team chemistry may be better without him. Does this improvement in chemistry offset/surpass the loss of his talent? That's debatable and ultimately impossible to know.

When you combine the talent with good coaching you have what Pete Carroll had at USC. Extremely dominant stretches/heisman trophy winners/national championships/a dynasty. Alabama/Nick Saban is the most recent example of that.

I love Sheldon Day and think he'll be the next KLM: A solid starting caliber FBS Defensive Lineman.

But Aaron Lynch is a top national superstar caliber type player. When is the last time Notre Dame had a Freshman All American, let alone a Freshman All American defensive lineman?

Any credible coach in America would take a rotation of Lynch/KLM over KLM/Day. ANY COACH. Even if it comes with a volatile personality.

If you want to argue that the team chemistry is better (which nobody here can really confirm), then that's fine, lets have that argument. But to argue that the team is somehow better after losing an extremely rarely skilled player like Aaron Lynch, is just an asinine illogical argument/opinion/comment to have. It pretty much guarantees a loss of respect (at least from me) for any analysis you want to provide about the team going forward.

Yeah cuz we wouldn't be much better with Aaron Lynch than we are right now. 9-0 with the 2nd ranked D can be improved upon dammit!

Oh and Saban would have won 6 nattys with the teams Poodle had.

(fun fact: Carroll was a GA under Holtz at Arkansas- and his DC was none other than Monte Kiffin. The backup QB of that team? Houston Nutt).

We're not judging this kid from the one year of action; we're judging him on his character. Those character flaws and "me" attitude isn't something you grow out of. That trait sticks with a person throughout his entire life and is engrained into his very being.

For me at least, you could see he had a poor attitude as evidenced by the fights he would get into (I think I remember 3) when I don't remember fighting like that on the sideline since I've been following Notre Dame.

Sure, our players will get into little tiffs during practice (especially the Irish Eyes drill) but I've never seen a player fight a teammate like that.

And what do you know, this year's team without Lynch...their togetherness and sense of family has gelled them as a unit. It's not about putting the 11 best players on the field, it's about putting your best 11 on the field

I think you nailed it here. I think that the vehement Aaron supproters failed to see the intention of my original post. It was not questioning this guys talent or skills or that those in of themselves could not help our team. The post was about the fact that our team has thrived without him. That the team unity is the strongest I have seem in a long time. That the best 11 on the field have developed into one heck of a good defense.

Actually, Its like realizing how hot of a girlfriend you have now without the headaches of the old girlfriend!

The topic at the sports bar last night was How many NFL team would love to trade their line for Notre Dame or Alabama's defensive lines. I'd say that you would have 4 or 5 teams that would do it straight up right now Bc there is more talent there than on a lot of NFL rosters.