Thank you Aaron Lynch

VCDomer

Thank you for quitting on this team and giving a wide open opportunity for Kap, Day and Springmann to lead, contribute and help this defense be one of the best in the country. Thank you for taking your bad attitude back to Florida and allowing this entire defensive squad to come together and forge a strong, committed sense of "TEAM" that has become the foundation by which they have become dominating and gettting allot of Media attention. Thank you for leaving and allowing the spot light to be on our Heisman candidate T'eo, our stud Defensive Lineman Tuitt and Nix and for the rest of the country to see the amazing talent of KLM. The entire defensive team and fanbase owe you a sincere "Thank You" for leaving so that we could pursue an undefeated season without any unnecessary distractions.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors for the same success.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid was all over the map from the start. Almost a little whirlwind with the mother and her infamous tweets about her son. Wish the kid the best, although I certainly wish he would've stayed around. Tremendous natural pass rusher, although I still contend his run stopping abilities could use some brushing up. Will be interesting to see what he does the rest of his football career.

I wasn't as impressed with Lynch as others were.

Sure, he could rush a passer, but he also committed tons of penalties, was likely a cancer to the locker room atmosphere, and was a liability against the run. We're way better off without him. He's definitely a talent for sure and if he was more disciplined I would have loved to have kept him.

But I'm way happier having Tuitt, Nix, Springmann, Kap, and Day.

We lose a Freshman All American with a 3+ GPA, and a future NFL 1st round draft pick, and this is something to celebrate about?

Correlation doesn't equal causation. A team doesn't increase its chance of winning more games after losing one of the best defensive linemen in the country.

With Aaron Lynch here, the front 7 would have been even better and deeper. Lynch and Kap would have made for a lethal rotation based on their collective strengths with Lynch taking over full time in 2013. Lynch being here could be the difference between a national championship trophy and just making it to a BCS bowl. The difference between a blow out win vs inferior teams like PITT, and needing a lot of luck to win by 3 at home.

I'll take Lynch's tangible/elite/dominating skills (strength, speed, size/length, etc.) over some buzz phrases that make for good movies in hollywood, or good headlines/articles in newspapers like "friendly locker rooms" "family" "togetherness" etc. but have little to no significance when it comes to being a better more skilled football team.

Crab Apple--i see what your saying and it certainly makes sense---why would anyone think losing a terrific player could be a good thing??---

But in this case i think a reasonable person could look at the ledger and see it this way---

We have the #1 defense--its tough disciplined play clearly defines the 2012 team--and the strength of the defense is the DEFENSIVE LINE they have been nothing short of spectacular---would AL actually have made them better, made us better then 9-0, made us higher ranked defensively-----I really doubt that---

Could what was a real "hothead of a player" that often could play out of control--- a player that has been a bit of a disruption from his recruitment to his time on campus---COULD AN UNHAPPY PLAYER WITH A TENDENCY TO PLAY OUT OF CONROL AND A VERY STRONG PERSONALITY---could he have damaged the chemistry on the DLINE & defense--Could he have actually BLOWN ONE OF OUR 5 CLOSE GAMES WITH A GAME CHANGING PERSONAL FOUL ___Could a player like that, despite their raw talent, have had a T OWENS type effct on the team that cost us or actually had some key penaltied that cost us---

IMHO i think its very possible we are "better off" as a team and that with Mr Lynch i think their is a strong chance--WE WOULD NOT BE UNDEFEATED!!

We'll never know how it would have been but we do know how it is---so i am thinking it may have worked out best FOR EVERYONE!!

aloha's go irish!

We lose a Freshman All American with a 3+ GPA, and a future NFL 1st round draft pick, and this is something to celebrate about?

Correlation doesn't equal causation. A team doesn't increase its chance of winning more games after losing one of the best defensive linemen in the country.

Your implying it is correlated and can't be causative. Fact is we just don't know.

"friendly locker rooms" "family" "togetherness" ect., have little to no significance when it comes to being a better more skilled football team.

Specifically talking about skill you are right. But team unity and togetherness, in my opinion, mean far more than you think in terms of being a "better" football team if we are defining "better" as winning games instead of just total team skill. Teams like USC have all the talent in the world, but the players have an more obvious "me" attitude.

I'm not saying we are a better team that he is gone, I'm saying I don't know because I'm not willing to just ignore everything else about him and his relationships within the team. Heard some USF reports that he came into camp out of shape... just something else to consider.

Crab Apple--i see what your saying and it certainly makes sense---why would anyone think losing a terrific player could be a good thing??---

But in this case i think a reasonable person could look at the ledger and see it this way---

We have the #1 defense--its tough disciplined play clearly defines the 2012 team--and the strength of the defense is the DEFENSIVE LINE they have been nothing short of spectacular---would AL actually have made them better, made us better then 9-0, made us higher ranked defensively-----I really doubt that---

Could what was a real "hothead of a player" that often could play out of control--- a player that has been a bit of a disruption from his recruitment to his time on campus---COULD AN UNHAPPY PLAYER WITH A TENDENCY TO PLAY OUT OF CONROL AND A VERY STRONG PERSONALITY---could he have damaged the chemistry on the DLINE & defense--Could he have actually BLOWN ONE OF OUR 5 CLOSE GAMES WITH A GAME CHANGING PERSONAL FOUL ___Could a player like that, despite their raw talent, have had a T OWENS type effct on the team that cost us or actually had some key penaltied that cost us---

IMHO i think its very possible we are "better off" as a team and that with Mr Lynch i think their is a strong chance--WE WOULD NOT BE UNDEFEATED!!

We'll never know how it would have been but we do know how it is---so i am thinking it may have worked out best FOR EVERYONE!!

aloha's go irish!

Thank you for explaining the obvious even though it shouldnt have been needed.

With Aaron Lynch here, the front 7 would have been even better and deeper. Lynch and Kap would have made for a lethal rotation based on their collective strengths with Lynch taking over full time in 2013. Lynch being here could be the difference between a national championship trophy and just making it to a BCS bowl. The difference between a blow out win vs inferior teams like PITT, and needing a lot of luck to win by 3 at home.

I'll take Lynch's tangible/elite/dominating skills (strength, speed, size/length, etc.) over some buzz phrases that make for good movies in hollywood, or good headlines/articles in newspapers like "friendly locker rooms" "family" "togetherness" etc. but have little to no significance when it comes to being a better more skilled football team.

IMHO I think you have him over rated in your assumption that he is a future NFL 1st round Draft choice or that he would make our team better or that he could be the difference between the NC trophy and a BCS game. Man Love for this wild card does not equal facts; especially in the face of where this team sits now 9-0 and it's defensive rankings. Team unity is an ingredient that can not be ignored. Is this Jordan Prestwood posting?

When you combine the talent with good coaching you have what Pete Carroll had at USC. Extremely dominant stretches/heisman trophy winners/national championships/a dynasty. Alabama/Nick Saban is the most recent example of that.

I love Sheldon Day and think he'll be the next KLM: A solid starting caliber FBS Defensive Lineman.

But Aaron Lynch is a top national superstar caliber type player. When is the last time Notre Dame had a Freshman All American, let alone a Freshman All American defensive lineman?

Any credible coach in America would take a rotation of Lynch/KLM over KLM/Day. ANY COACH. Even if it comes with a volatile personality.

If you want to argue that the team chemistry is better (which nobody here can really confirm), then that's fine, lets have that argument. But to argue that the team is somehow better after losing an extremely rarely skilled player like Aaron Lynch, is just an asinine illogical argument/opinion/comment to have. It pretty much guarantees a loss of respect (at least from me) for any analysis you want to provide about the team going forward.

Edited by Crab Apple

When you combine the talent with good coaching you have what Pete Carroll had at USC. Extremely dominant stretches/heisman trophy winners/national championships/a dynasty. Alabama/Nick Saban is the most recent example of that.

I love Sheldon Day and think he'll be the next KLM: A solid starting caliber FBS Defensive Lineman.

But Aaron Lynch is a top national superstar caliber type player. When is the last time Notre Dame had a Freshman All American, let alone a Freshman All American defensive lineman?

Any credible coach in America would take a rotation of Lynch/KLM over KLM/Day. ANY COACH. Even if it comes with a volatile personality.

If you want to argue that the team chemistry is better (which nobody here can really confirm), then that's fine, lets have that argument. But to argue that the team is somehow better after losing an extremely rarely skilled player like Aaron Lynch, is just an asinine illogical argument/opinion/comment to have. It pretty much guarantees a loss of respect (at least from me) for any analysis you want to provide about the team going forward.

I agree 100 percent.

People love to justify things to fit their needs.

We lost a GREAT player who was homesick and wanted to be closer to his fiancée.

That's what happened yet some people can't accept it so instead it becomes:

Some out of control pussy whipped headcase who was poisoning the locker room and developing into a future liability on the field quit us himself and everything good in this world and sulked his way home and by God we are so much better off as a result of his departure!!!!

Get the heck outta here

He was a freshman away from home for the first time in his life, I have no doubt that had he stayed Kelly would have groomed him into a beneficial asset. Judging a kid on one year, if that of time on the team is very nearsighted to do. Kid has a ton of talent and like many 18yr olds, he just needs to get his mental game caught up to the physical. Best of luck to him.

He was a freshman away from home for the first time in his life, I have no doubt that had he stayed Kelly would have groomed him into a beneficial asset. Judging a kid on one year, if that of time on the team is very nearsighted to do. Kid has a ton of talent and like many 18yr olds, he just needs to get his mental game caught up to the physical. Best of luck to him.

We're not judging this kid from the one year of action; we're judging him on his character. Those character flaws and "me" attitude isn't something you grow out of. That trait sticks with a person throughout his entire life and is engrained into his very being.

For me at least, you could see he had a poor attitude as evidenced by the fights he would get into (I think I remember 3) when I don't remember fighting like that on the sideline since I've been following Notre Dame.

Sure, our players will get into little tiffs during practice (especially the Irish Eyes drill) but I've never seen a player fight a teammate like that.

And what do you know, this year's team without Lynch...their togetherness and sense of family has gelled them as a unit. It's not about putting the 11 best players on the field, it's about putting your best 11 on the field

I understand the point you're making, but this isn't NCAA Football '13, it's a real football team with real chemistry.

The team as it is currently composed has tremendous chemistry and unity on defense. Would it be better on paper as a defense with Lynch's ability? Absolutely. Would it play as well on the field? I'm not so sure it would.