Thunder Up in Oklahoma

Boy it was fun watching the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the bejeeeezus out of the Lakers and Koby Bryant. Thunder swept the defending champs, Dallas, in 4 straight. The Thunder really unites everybody here. We have OU fans, OSU, Tulsa, Notre Dame, etc..... But we all love the Thunder.:first:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Okie,

I'm pretty much a colllege sports fan but when my boys asked me who I want to win the NBA championship, I said, "I don't care. Whoever plays the Lakers." I would love to see them take down the Lakers!

Refs decided game last night in L.A. Kept sending Lakers to the line with horrible calls. Durant just kept shaking his head. Horrible no call at the end when Durant should have put Thunder ahead with a few seconds remaining. NBA refs love to extend these series.

Justice.......LA actually outplayed OKC for 3 quarters but Koby's ego was so big he wanted to be the man. Refs played it straight and the Thunder go up 3-1. Would have been a sweep but now they get to come home and win it in front of the home crowd. Had a little Thunder party tonight and will have another Monday. This team is grounded, very humble, very young, and gonna be around for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

How about my Thunder. They could easily be up three games to one, but they blew game one on the road after being up by 9 in the fourth quarter. Game 5 will probably decide this thing. These guys for the Thunder are great people. Very humble and always reflecting praise to their teammates and even giving credit to God. I met Ibaka at Wallgreens and spoke to him. If they beat the Spurs they should take it all.

What an amazing comeback tonight. Out of sync in the first half and down by 18, came back and won by 7. Bring on the Heat, or Celtics, it really doesn't matter this is the best team in the NBA. These guys want to stay together and they are so young. This will be a dominating franchise.

How about my Thunder. They could easily be up three games to one, but they blew game one on the road after being up by 9 in the fourth quarter. Game 5 will probably decide this thing. These guys for the Thunder are great people. Very humble and always reflecting praise to their teammates and even giving credit to God. I met Ibaka at Wallgreens and spoke to him. If they beat the Spurs they should take it all.

I'm sorry but that is funny for some reason. As a Portland guy I feel bad for the Seattle guys.. It is your team but come on that was BS how that went down and they have been in OKC for what 3 years? That said I hope they smoke MI or Bos

Seattle didn't support them very well and wouldn't ok the bond to build a new facility. We are winning with new players, not the old Seattle guys. Clay Bennet went out there with a mission to bring them back here. He did just that. They never amounted to anything out there but here they are lightening in a bottle. Looks like they will play Miami.

Seattle didn't support them very well and wouldn't ok the bond to build a new facility. We are winning with new players, not the old Seattle guys. Clay Bennet went out there with a mission to bring them back here. He did just that. They never amounted to anything out there but here they are lightening in a bottle. Looks like they will play Miami.

Ah Wrong !!! Wrong all around.. New players? What? Kevin Frickin Durant played for the Seattle SuperSonics !!! hahahha

I don't know where you are getting your info about them not supporting them but that is just wrong. The new owner bought the team with plans to move them. Seattle got FUKKKKKKED and as my neighbor city I could care less about Seattle but they loved that team. Hell Seattle won a title more recent then the Knicks

For the bold above HAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHH

Ah Wrong !!! Wrong all around.. New players? What? Kevin Frickin Durant played for the Seattle SuperSonics !!! hahahha

I don't know where you are getting your info about them not supporting them but that is just wrong. The new owner bought the team with plans to move them. Seattle got FUKKKKKKED and as my neighbor city I could care less about Seattle but they loved that team. Hell Seattle won a title more recent then the Knicks

For the bold above HAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHH

What? Russell Westbrook (2nd team all nba), James Harden (6th man of the year), Serge Ibaka (NBA's best shotblocker), and Kendrick Perkins never played for Seattle. They are all Thunder players. The first 3 were drafted alone by the Thunder. Durant is just 1 player not the whole team. Presti is a genius and is building the Thunder his way. Seattle is just bitter at this team's success and the fact they couldn't retain them there.

Hey, congrats to OKC !! But you guys are silly, saying that you drafted Westbrook, Harden, and Perkins is like if the 1985 Chicago Bulls moved to South Bend in 1985 and drafted Scottie Pippen, Steve Kerr, and Dennis Rodman, All great players but come on, Durant is not Jordan, nobody is but OKC would be a pile of Sh*t without Durant. Its not debatable. Its not your fault Seattle's owners f-ed up but don't tell me OKC built this team. It started in Seattle. They blew it. GO OKC !!!

What? Russell Westbrook (2nd team all nba), James Harden (6th man of the year), Serge Ibaka (NBA's best shotblocker), and Kendrick Perkins never played for Seattle. They are all Thunder players. The first 3 were drafted alone by the Thunder. Durant is just 1 player not the whole team. Presti is a genius and is building the Thunder his way. Seattle is just bitter at this team's success and the fact they couldn't retain them there.

Thanks Ed!! To tell you the truth I didn't follow NBA until recently. The last time I really followed the NBA was Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Dennis Johnson, and 'The Chief'. All I know is Seattle just wasn't going anywhere untill they came here. Westbrook can take over a game, Ibaka hit 11 straight shots in game 4 and Harden is a bona fide star and instant offense.

Miami looked really good last night and they are finally healthy. This is going to be a great series. I see OKC coming out 2 and 0 as Miami struggles adapting to the speed of the Thunder. When they go to Miami for 3 games the Thunder will take one and the series will be 3-2 as they head back to OKC. The Thunder will finish them in game 6.

So far so good. Miami started out the game smokin from three point land. The Thunder tightened up on defense like they always do in the third quarter. Was a bit worried about some of the calls, but in the end the Thunder were the superior team. Having another Thunder party tomorrow night and predict the Thunder to go up two games to none. Durant totally neutralizes king James, and the rest of the Thunder win the game. Fisher is ice when he shoots. Westbrook can get his shot off at any time. Defense and turnovers will be the difference in this series. Go Thunder!!

I just moved in to OKC a week ago and man this town is crazy for the Thunder. I've never seen anything like it (although I only have the Colts run of playoff appearances to compare to). I swear I can't go 5 minutes without hearing or seeing something about the Thunder.

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!  
    • Slight nit, take the government out of guaranteed student loans.  Single handedly has been the biggest cause of soaring tuition and crushing debt for borrowers. Otherwise I'm in between as far as NIL.  It's chaos currently and we are still in Flux with the changes that have happened and stuff that's still to come.  We are far from settled in this shifting landscape of college athletics.
    • Can't wait to see someone try and block a punt and end up with internal hemorrhaging...