Irish In It To Win It - National Championship

Wake up, people. The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame are in the National Championship game. Not because a poll or a computer chose them, but because they are one of only two teams in the country that could win five in a row at the ultimate tournament.

This season, already, they have beaten the #3, #5, #6, #9, #12, #13, #14, #17, #19, #23, and #25 ranked teams. They beat the #3 ranked team three times. Just during this tournament alone they beat #21, then #5, and two nights ago, #3. This team can beat Baylor. If they played them in a five game series, they would win at least one. Let that one be tonight.

Go Irish.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7769062

Edited by 2lakes

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Lady Irish! I have never been so excited about women's basketball. The first time we played Baylor, we lost it in the first half with poor shooting.

If ND comes out and lights it up tonight shooting, I fully expect them to bring home the championship. This team has the look and swagger of a national champion team. They are confident but not cocky, I really like the chances for tonight and wish them the Luck of the Irish!

Good Luck Ladies!

Championship season for the Irish: Notre Dame would have won it all other years. I did not watch this game, and I am really surprised that the Irish lost by 19. I do know that Diggins has the heart of a champion.

ND loses 3 starters, but, you know what? Diggins is back, McBride is back, Achonwa comes back, and they are getting the number 4 incoming freshman in the country, 5* guard Jewell Loyd, plus two other 4* guards. We might have to play a 5 guard lineup.

All five of Baylor's starters return next year. How is anyone going to beat that team?

Man, I am bummed out right now.

Championship season for the Irish: Notre Dame would have won it all other years. I did not watch this game, and I am really surprised that the Irish lost by 19. I do know that Diggins has the heart of a champion.

ND loses 3 starters, but, you know what? Diggins is back, McBride is back, Achonwa comes back, and they are getting the number 4 incoming freshman in the country, 5* guard Jewell Loyd, plus two other 4* guards. We might have to play a 5 guard lineup.

All five of Baylor's starters return next year. How is anyone going to beat that team?

You can't in the final. Someone would need to knock them out in the semi-s. If she's still playing at 6'8" - no chance.

Well we'd need to shoot 50% from 3 point range. No shots if Griner is next to you. After a shot the teams stays down for the rebound and gets that offensive board. Become a track team in the off season and free throw shooting automotons. Focus, commit and live for a rematch. It can be done.