Villanova Saturday Night to make 8 straight???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw where San Diego State lost last night, St. Mary's lost last night. We can make a big jump in the poll Monday if we just beat Villanova. Villanova is struggling. We need to get on them early, go to Cooley and put them away. Looking for Connaughton and Drag to play well on the road.

yeah, have not seen Jay Wright's group this year but they usually play 4 guards and up tempo, so I'd get it to Cooley down low make them do the equivalent of putting 8 in the box in football, and let Cooley pass to the open shooter after they double..

Kudo's to Jay Wright by the way for having people with different abilities participate in assisting with player development was a great story on it last year..

Both Irish Basketball teams are very good and deserve our support...

Go Irish

Edited by FaithInIrishForever

I like Drag too he is to me a Euro big(shooter,passer,tall but not a low post guy) with nice touch he plays in a platoon role with Pat C. He's streaky, but if hes on fire, it makes dribble drive by Grant and Atkins more effective and low post play by Cooley. If Abro and Martin get 6th years, they will still need good shooting depth. Granted Pat C. has been shooting better lately, but 2 shooters are better than 1, 3 are better than 2.. He's like having a tight end in football to fast for linebackers, to big for safeties, he may not play much against small teams but when you get a shot blocking 4 he'll be able to drive by him and pull him from the shot blocking area

To me Drag represents the biggest possibility of improving as a team. His upside is huge and was displayed when he knocked out Pittsburgh with his 22 points. He is tall but has some guard abilities with the ball. Last night Martin hit him with a great pass for a layup and he finished with 8 points with only about 6 minutes of playing time. He is our only legitimate reserve as Knight and Brooks aren't playing well--though Knight is more consistent then Brooks. Drag plays better at home then on the road but hit a huge 3 pointer at Connecticut. He is coming along nicely and will continue to play.

i thought the way brey used martin as a gap finder in the 2-3 zone was brilliant last night he would sit in a zone gap, catch a pass an distribute, almost like a second point guard with his back to the basket in the high post..

Exactly. The penetration pass and then the kick out was why we were so much better then them at getting open looks. Just watched Va. Tech absolutely choke the game against Florida State---we missed an opportunity to move up another notch. Sickening finish to a game FSU had no right to win.

Exactly. The penetration pass and then the kick out was why we were so much better then them at getting open looks. Just watched Va. Tech absolutely choke the game against Florida State---we missed an opportunity to move up another notch. Sickening finish to a game FSU had no right to win.

that was a sick finish..

ND has impressed me this year must say Brey is one of the better tactical coaches in the nation, especially in the offensive half Court set.. He has one of the more balanced teams I remember him having. Can go in to the post with Cooley, can dribble drive with Atkins and Grant, can dial the 3 with any of the guard/forwards. I felt last year ND was almost completely dependent on three pointers, this year they've diversified a bit, the three will always be important, but the easy 2 is available for this year, I've seen less fade away jumpers and more team offense

Our guards really do give Cooley some good looks. I never would have thought he could play like this. Next year we should be pre season Big East favorites. I guess Syracuse, Pitt and West Va. will all be gone?????? We will dominate and won't lose any non conference games.

But let's enjoy the rest of this season starting with another win this Saturday.... 8 straight!!!

Our guards really do give Cooley some good looks. I never would have thought he could play like this. Next year we should be pre season Big East favorites. I guess Syracuse, Pitt and West Va. will all be gone?????? We will dominate and won't lose any non conference games.

But let's enjoy the rest of this season starting with another win this Saturday.... 8 straight!!!

I would really love to win it this year before all those teams are gone. the big east has been the best conference in bball the past few years and now that will be gone. (this year the big east may not be the best)

I just don't see Syrause losing two more games. I can see us winning out with the biggest challenge at Georgetown, but the way we play on the road I know we can win. Maybe we can win the Big East tournament. I'm looking for Connecticut to knock off Marquette tomorrow. That should give us sole pocession of second place. Also hope St. Mary's knocks off Murray State.

I'm thinking of making a road trip for this....I have a game at 2:00 with my boy. If we can get out of there at a decent time we're going to drive over and see if we can find some tickets...which I'm sure will be floating around. Our game should go until about 3:30. I should be able to get out of the gym by 3:40 and be on my way. It should be a 4 hour drive, plus or minus with traffic. I guess we'll see. The wife hates trying to get scalped tickets so she could change her mind...I'm sure everyone knows how that is. As of now it's a go for me though. They better win!

My youngest woke up this morning with a barking cough....No go for me now. At least we didn't already have the tickets. Either way, it looks like Nova is down a couple of players due to injury. They better win! I see Nova started out as a 1 point favorite and ND has moved to a 2 point favorite.

10-9 irish first media timeout, giving up too many offensive rebounds.. 2nd timeout, nova outplaying nd right now, 15-10, as nd settles for contested 3s and giving up the lane.23-12 nova, they gotta get the ball inside.to to be fair nova is hitting everything 39-23 nova at half, nd looked to wake up late, moving the deficit from 20 to 16. Irish d picking up, got it 14, nova shots look tougher.. down to 12... down to 7.. going in the right direction now!!!