Providence on the Road this Wednesday

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we left the WVU Coliseum Saturday my six year old declared that he was not watching ND basketball again this year and that his favorite player, Abro, is now his most hated player. Today I told him that the Providence game wouldn't be on and he was very disappointed. He said he still hates Abro though. As of now, I am right there with him!

Good offensive rhythm in the first half with Abro and Hansbrough but I just don't get why they are allowing marshon brooks all these shots - is anyone going to cover him? They started to relax a bit before the half offensively and defensively. Hope they come out like they did in the first few minutes of the game. 48-38.

St John's had a great first half against DePaul. 37-22

Edited by Sligo

I said it earlier isnt anyone going to cover Brooks? I don't get it. But we put up some good numbers. Abro and Hansbrough and Nash had a good game and our freshman Atkins was in the mix. It wasn't all ugly and they held on. Up next Seton Hall on Saturday.

Scott looked like he'll be out for awhile which is going to hurt us down the stretch. Forget playing pussified offense and letting a three-win team get back in it, losing Carleton is going to mean another early exit in both tourneys which is only ganna add more fuel to the fire.

Someone will point out that we won and are ranked ninth place, but the rest of us see how easily we allow lesser teams back in it and see the relevance when it comes to playing in the tournament. Watch out, especially without CS. Might get bumpy... He's the lone athlete ND has.

I said it earlier isnt anyone going to cover Brooks? I don't get it. But we put up some good numbers. Abro and Hansbrough and Nash had a good game and our freshman Atkins was in the mix. It wasn't all ugly and they held on. Up next Seton Hall on Saturday.

Did you see the 2nd half defense against Brooks, Hansborough or whoever would actually do a pretty good job on him. However, once he got past the first person, everyone else would just stand there and watch him drive to the basket. What kind of defense was that? It was a poor effort defensively...

Going down the stretch, to let them drive to a wide open basket is unconscionable.

Did you see the 2nd half defense against Brooks, Hansborough or whoever would actually do a pretty good job on him. However, once he got past the first person, everyone else would just stand there and watch him drive to the basket. What kind of defense was that? It was a poor effort defensively...

Going down the stretch, to let them drive to a wide open basket is unconscionable.

Yup I sure did. There was some effort w/some success on our part and if it wasn't for Providence fouling us a few times at the end there it would have been their game. It's the same guys out there each game for the entire game - they are wiped.

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!  
    • Slight nit, take the government out of guaranteed student loans.  Single handedly has been the biggest cause of soaring tuition and crushing debt for borrowers. Otherwise I'm in between as far as NIL.  It's chaos currently and we are still in Flux with the changes that have happened and stuff that's still to come.  We are far from settled in this shifting landscape of college athletics.
    • Can't wait to see someone try and block a punt and end up with internal hemorrhaging...