Stephen A. on our relevance

3 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39569029

I mean, he ain't all wrong...

Actually, he is. The reason is everyone is talking about Notre Dame right now with the 12-Team CFP rules coming out, and how it can benefit Notre Dame. Let’s be serious, the reason for this skit was to get the spotlight back on the SEC, which is all who he talked up!

You also can’t base relevance off of NCs won. You have to base it off of what teams have been able to do during the CFP era. I shared a tweet where it said Notre Dame is 95-33, and one of eight teams to make the CFP twice. Notre Dame also faced two of the best teams in each of those CFP games, where they held both Clemson and Alabama to lower scores than Alabama and Ohio State did. I get Notre Dame still lost by a lot, but you have to give them some credit in that regard.

Again, this was in total garbage, and it should have been evident with Paul Finebaum there!

Sorry, but that’s just how I see it.

• Flames 1

I suppose it's an entertainment option, but I do my part by changing the channel whenever I see him coming.  Even his NBA coverage is performative.

Edited by JeffV
  • Heart 1

How this dude still gets paid to talk is beyond me…he is wrong on so many topics, yet nobody holds him accountable…. It’s amazing.  I should create a website that lists these guys’ statements and then lists the actual result…. You’ll find that so many of them are overpaid morons.

• Flames 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 2

42 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

How this dude still gets paid to talk is beyond me…he is wrong on so many topics, yet nobody holds him accountable…. It’s amazing.  I should create a website that lists these guys’ statements and then lists the actual result…. You’ll find that so many of them are overpaid morons.

Too true!!

1 hour ago, irishwavend said:

This is true for all MSM, it's the norm and also why they are dying.  I barely watch any ESPN unless it's a particular college FB game or when the NCAA wrestling championships are on.  

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1