25 WR Shaun Terry commits

On3 Consensus: 3-star, #532 overall, #86 WR

247: 3-star, #56 WR

Rivals: 3-star

On3: 3-star, #79 WR

Offers: Auburn, Boston College, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, USC, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Wisconsin

1 hour ago, tneun89 said:

On3 Consensus: 3-star, #532 overall, #86 WR

247: 3-star, #56 WR

Rivals: 3-star

On3: 3-star, #79 WR

Offers: Auburn, Boston College, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, USC, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Wisconsin

If you took his 'ranking' and stars out of it and just looked at the offer list, I think everyone would be happy a guy chose ND over USC, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Auburn, and Tennessee.  

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, AnTostal said:

If you took his 'ranking' and stars out of it and just looked at the offer list, I think everyone would be happy a guy chose ND over USC, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Auburn, and Tennessee.  

I will be honest that the lack of an Ohio St offer for an Ohio WR is a little concerning. That said, I have not looked at Ohio St's WR room not recruiting to know if they are set at the slot position which is where I think Terry plays

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I will be honest that the lack of an Ohio St offer for an Ohio WR is a little concerning. That said, I have not looked at Ohio St's WR room not recruiting to know if they are set at the slot position which is where I think Terry plays

Also remember that Terry would be someone that Mike Brown at least talked to at Wisconsin. I remember when Austin Collinsworth was Kellys first commit. We were all worried like will the stars go missing? I think recruiting is a 2-3 year process now so Mike will also begin to talk to the kids who may not consider Wisconsin but winning with the kids he already knew might be what is expected this early for him.

Past Notre Dame Comparisons were  (Per Driskell above)

1. Theo Riddick from 2010-11 (slot receiver in a spread offense). Before we ran the Rees/Golson/Chuck Martin offense in 2012-13, only to switch back to the Denbrock/Kelly offense in 2014-2015. Fire everyone in 2016(well demoted Denbrock) Chip Long yada yada, Fire him, back to Rees/Martin Ideology(pound the rock) Now full circle back to Denbrock sans Kelly, need more slots.  , 

2. Amir Carlisle from 2015(slot RPO punt returner)

Conclusion: Terry is a slot RPO punt returner in the mid/4.5 range to low 4.6s