2024 NFL Combine/Pro Day

32 minutes ago, Soko said:

4.72 is plenty fast for his style of play.

Most definitely! He’s basically just like Bettis, so we know he’ll do very well in the NFL.

12 hours ago, Soko said:

Exactly. ND had alot of guys that fit a certain style of play. It was the run run, playaction style. Downhill block inside zone and duo do it again. My prediction next year is Diggs run a 4.65 and Tyree's around 4.5, maybe minus some change, so 4.45 etc.

The issue is in that Clemson and Ohio State have linebackers that are sub 4.72 so when we don't square up a block a bit there was a guy hanging on Audric's body. Since our receivers didn't run 4.5. the 4.6 Clemson Safeties and Corners were in the area to tackle Audric.

The lack of speed with the Rees style will get you the 9 wins we earned. We all look forward to the Denbrock style and hope speed returns to our offense.

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Soko said:

It’s unfortunate that time is probably going to drop him a bit. Throw on the pads and his field speed is plenty good enough. Shoot, look at Kyren Williams who I think ran a 4.64 and dropped, now a pro bowler 

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

It’s unfortunate that time is probably going to drop him a bit. Throw on the pads and his field speed is plenty good enough. Shoot, look at Kyren Williams who I think ran a 4.64 and dropped, now a pro bowler 

Exactly. its not the end of the world but that further illustrates the lack of speed that ND's old offense struggled from. Kyren  had enough speed to go long against UNC and Clemson but he had moments where good tackling bottled him up too.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Exactly. its not the end of the world but that further illustrates the lack of speed that ND's old offense struggled from. Kyren  had enough speed to go long against UNC and Clemson but he had moments where good tackling bottled him up too.

Good point. Won’t derail this combine thread, but excited about those young backs and wr’s that seem to have that different gear

• Heart 2

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

I hope i don't offend you by adding to your thread title @Baldy. We collaborate often so I don't think I will. Not my intention at all. Its just all Path to the NFL draft stuff seems to have common roots.

Oh, I’m not offended at all.

Actually, I love that you did this, because I was going to add some of the Pro Day stuff, but didn’t think about just changing the title to make it work. 😂

Good looking out, Faith! 👊🏼