Are Ohio St fans funding NIL due to Michigan's success?

It seems that Ohio St has become a bigger player in terms of NIL. Not sure if this is a reaction to Michigan's NC or not. In any case, it has potential to impact ND since Ohio St and the Irish are often recruiting the same prospects.

Thoughts?

I feel like they've always been in the mix with a huge fan base and pride in the program.  They're definitely figuring it out though, and it does make for some tough recruiting battles.  

It is crazy what they are doing. Pulling Chip Kelly from UCLA’s HC position. Bringing on, what feels like 10 5* QBs. Throwing money everywhere - to the amount of $10MM* to attract and retain players. 

My hope is that this does not work, otherwise college football is only going to continue to get even more bonkers 

• Cheers 3

On 2/10/2024 at 12:03 PM, 97domer said:

It is crazy what they are doing. Pulling Chip Kelly from UCLA’s HC position. Bringing on, what feels like 10 5* QBs. Throwing money everywhere - to the amount of $10MM* to attract and retain players. 

My hope is that this does not work, otherwise college football is only going to continue to get even more bonkers 

Fortunately, the COVID year is going to start disappearing so that should reduce the number of 6th/7th/8th years who already have degrees but aren't good enough for NFL, who are just lingering around for a pay day that is more than a first year employee salary.  Now they just need to fix the transfer rules.