Incoming Player Transfers (2023-24)

15 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I don't wanna have to see his mother every damn week telling him he sucks for a whole season.  I couldn't take it for the one friging weekend we played Duke, I'll end up gouging my eyes out if I have to hear about it every weekend.

Well if he tanks and the stadium and fans start chanting "you suck" it won't just be a clever catch phrase...

• Laughing Leprechaun 4

I would not have traded Angeli or Minchey for Leonard. I sure hope the staff didn't make that trade either.

ND was already going to be scary thin at QB with only 3.....there is a potential that next year the roster is Carr, Leonard, and walk ons.

Edited by IrishGuy

It does concern me a little bit that both Angeli and Minchey are likely to leave. Leonard would definitely be QB1 in that group, but I really do not want to lose either of them, but definitely not both.

I know the staff wants 4 QB scholarships, but I think that is highly unlikely in today's environment.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, IrishGuy said:

I would not have traded Angeli or Minchey for Leonard. I sure hope the staff didn't make that trade either.

ND was already going to be scary thin at QB with only 3.....there is a potential that next year the roster is Carr, Leonard, and walk ons.

I highly doubt both Minchey and Angeli leave. One for sure will, but not both. They are one play away from becoming the starter, especially with Leonard's style of play as a dual threat QB - he has some huge injury risk.

I don't really understand the hate on Leonard (not referring to your post, exclusively, but a lot of other fans' reactions). He was a two-year starter at Duke, a captain as a junior, and played really well as a sophomore - well enough that Mel Kiper projected him as a first-round NFL draft pick before the 2023 season. His season this year went sideways because of the injuries, but this is a solid pick up. He has great athleticism, solid arm strength, and has great intangibles, it sounds like. I wouldn't put him to the level we thought Hartman would be when we got him last year, but he is definitely one of the better QBs in the portal this cycle. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Given that we are all armchair coaches ...and it seems no one is high on the fella from Duke... ill put my hat in ... that if we do land him...25 bucks says he kills it 

Sometimes what you don't want ...turns out what you need 

Idk

Personally, I don't want him.  I would rather bring in someone for depth, or, if that's not the road Freeman wants to take then I am sure someone more skilled will come along.  However, if this does happen, I would obviously root for the kid to do well.  

• Cheers 1