Incoming Player Transfers (2023-24)

Use this thread for any incoming players transferring into Notre Dame.  Please only post here if Notre Dame is clearly linked to the player.  If not, post in the general portal thread.

Running count of incoming transfers

1. Jordan Clark (Nickelback)
  2. Kris Mitchell (Receiver)
  3. Beaux Collins (Receiver)
  4. Riley Leonard (Quarterback)
  5. RJ Oben (Defensive End)
  6. Mitch Jeter (Kicker)
  7. Jayden Harrison (Receiver)
  8. Rod Heard (Defensive Back)

2 minutes ago, JeffV said:

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/notebook-is-notre-dame-s-portal-policy-becoming-more-transfer-friendly-

Eric Hansen speculating that ND's incoming transfer policy might not continue to be as restrictive as it's been.  Let's at least go window shopping this year!

That would be huge

3 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Unless there are verified sources linking a player to ND please put it in the general portal thread.

There are some insiders, both from ND and KSU, stating that Will Howard is an ND target. 

He seems to be a legitimate target, along with Cam Ward (Washington State) and Riley Leonard (Duke).

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

There are some insiders, both from ND and KSU, stating that Will Howard is an ND target. 

He seems to be a legitimate target, along with Cam Ward (Washington State) and Riley Leonard (Duke).

Then I encourage something with ND being linked to be posted.  That's all I ask.  I don't want to have multiple threads with all of the same info in them.  That negates the purpose of having threads specifically for ND.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

That is all speculation though, nothing concrete as far as interest though...

@irishwavend They are QBs.

I really like that DT from Penn (not Penn State), reminds me of Mills to be honest.

The Riley Leonard (Duke) to ND smoke is very real. One KSU insider reported that Will Howard had his sights set on ND, but ND wants Leonard. Now, Leonard is not in the portal yet, but I believe this is a Sam Hartman 2022 situation where he knew he was going to ND before he "officially" entered the portal.

Good find on the Penn DT. There is another one from Harvard, but he seems set on Michigan or Ohio State. There are several good players from the Ivy League who have entered the portal.

• Cheers 1

I haven't seen enough film of any of the portal QBs.  Really only Leonard, from our game and when Duke beat Clemson.

He's an athlete to be sure and is a good runner, so that's a plus.  He may fit better for RPO and play action?  I may be wrong but I don't think he has a strong arm, which isn't a deal breaker perse.  I don't think he has a high completion %, so accuracy and timing come into question.  I also seem to remember that he was a late bloomer/football focused player, he was more a BB prospect?

I guess if he is the target the staff is looking at, I'm alright with him.  That is he's not a slam dunk to be named starter and there should be a competition next year?