Postgame - #19 Notre Dame vs Wake Forest (Win 45-7)

Fun game to be at. Crowd was loud and into it. Hartman got hugest reactions all game getting introduced and whenever shown on the Jumbotron.

Estime doing Estime things. Rico, Greathouse, Faison all looked great. Merriweather too. He was open quite a bit and didn’t get it thrown his way at times.

Open up the vault and keep Golden at all costs. He has this D playing at an elite level all season.

Kicking game still suspect.

• Leprechaun 1

Good game, one we should easily win, and we did.  We need to figure out how close the gap with better teams though.

The OL backups seemed to play alright today, that can be sketchy replacing starters.  And it gives them some experience for next season.

Really liked seeing Raridon getting passes thrown his way and having his first TD.  If he stays healthy he's going to be a weapon.  Like Faith and I discussed he has shades of Kyle Rudolph to him.  

Special teams got a blocked FG and an onside recovery.  They have played better and are having an impact in the second half of the season.  I like that.  It may not be Mason levels like last year, but it's good to see that focus coming around again, minus kicking inconsistencies.

Still some clock management issues before half that need to be looked into by the staff and team for next season.  We need to be better at that.  I liked the onside kick call.  But the follow-up play calling on offense was a real dud.  Momentum swings like that need to keep the momentum with a drive.  I felt there was a real disconnect with MF and Parker, and the situation that played out.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Still some clock management issues before half that need to be looked into by the staff and team for next season.  We need to be better at that.  I liked the onside kick call.  But the follow-up play calling on offense was a real dud.  Momentum swings like that need to keep the momentum with a drive.  I felt there was a real disconnect with MF and Parker, and the situation that played out.

Clock management at the end of the second quarter…there was no management. 

Calling the ill-fated run on third and 11 after the on-side kick, well, that may have been the worst play call I’ve seen all season. 

This team has/had such potential. Maddening to see these types of things.  I can accept the clock issues at the end of the second quarter. But that 3rd down play call really baffles me. Maybe call it on 3rd and 5, but 3rd and 11??

• Flames 1

16 hours ago, lazard said:

The true hurts sometimes...if they can't beat up on a bad team who's best win is against a 3-8 Pitt team then all hope is lost.

The truth is that ND rolled Wake 45-7.

that doesn’t hurt at all.  Well, apparently it hurts your narrative enough that you are forced to resort to “what if they didn’t just crush the opponent” trolling .

Offense: Saw a huge improvement, but we all know the Wake Forest defense isn’t that good. However, I did see that there were a lot more play action plays called, and Hartman shined. Maybe that should have been used more? Glad to see Tobias, Raridon, Greathouse, Ford, and Faison get TDs. Sam was dealing all over, so that was awesome to see. Angeli looked good again too, so that was great!

Defense: Once again playing at a high level, so let’s keep Golden as long as possible! The reason is due to losing a ton of experience, but the young guys look ready to take over.

Special Teams: Played really well, and loved seeing them being a factor!

21 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

The truth is that ND rolled Wake 45-7.

that doesn’t hurt at all.  Well, apparently it hurts your narrative enough that you are forced to resort to “what if they didn’t just crush the opponent” trolling .

the talent gap between the ND and WF roster is massive.  One should expect a blowout victory.