What to Watch - Week 10

A very good week for college football, which sucks because I was not able to take off work Saturday.

All times are Central Time Zone

Thursday
6:00 - TCU @ Texas Tech - FS1 - Should be a fun game
6:30 - Wake Forest @ Duke - ESPN - Future opponent and previous opponent, Duke's offense is pretty bad without a healthy Leonard

Friday
6:30 - Boston College @ Syracuse - ESPN2 - Honestly, a decent game on Friday evening if you just want something to watch.

Morning Games - Saturday
11:00 - #15 Notre Dame @ Clemson - ABC - Go Irish!
11:00 - #23 Kansas St @ #7 Texas - FOX - Big contest in the Big12, Texas will be starting their backup QB again
11:00 - #1 Ohio State @ Rutgers - CBS - This is the big upset alert for the week (they were right about last week's) Rutger's is the best team that Michigan has faced all year by the way.
11:00 - Texas A&M @ #10 Ole Miss - ESPN - I am just waiting for that Ole Miss upset to be honest. It's gonna happen sooner or later right?

Afternoon Games - Saturday
2:30 - #12 Missouri @ #2 Georgia - CBS - 2nd biggest game of the day nationally. I think Georgia wins this handily though.
2:30 - #9 Oklahoma @ #22 Oklahoma St - ABC - So what Oklahoma team will show up today? OK St has been quietly getting better this year and doing their thing. Another upset maybe?
2:30 - #11 Penn State @ Maryland - FOX - Penn State is overrated, my opinion of course, but Maryland could definitely surprise them.
2:30 - Virginia Tech @ #13 Louisville - ACCN - Mostly putting this on here just in case we want to see how Louisville does because they are ranked above us and beat us.
2:30 - #4 Florida St @ Pittsburgh - ESPN - Fully expect FSU to manhandle this one, but I'll be curious to see how Pitt players respond to their coaches comments after our game.

Evening Games - Saturday
6:00 - #21 Kansas @ Iowa St - ESPN - Something decent to watch until the big games come out. Could be competitive to the end as well.
6:30 - #5 Washington @ #20 USC - ABC - Really interested in this game as a ND fan, Washington has not looked great the last two week. This should be a high scoring shootout until the end.
6:30 - Kentucky @ Miss State - SECN - I'll be watching this only if the other games are blowouts, I think this game will be close, but I dont really care about either team
6:45 - #14 LSU @ #8 Alabama - CBS - Big game of the day and I think the big question of the day is how will LSU's offense fair against a really good defense. Alabama should be able to score on LSU pretty easily, will this also be a shootout?
7:00 - Miami @ NC State - ACCN - previous opponent and could be competitive if the other games are blowouts.

Late Night Games - Satuday
8:00 - Stanford @ Washington St - PAC12 - Future opponent against a quality opponent
9:00 - #16 Oregon St @ Colorado - ESPN - Coach Prime, Oregon St is good, but I think they are a little overrated.
9:30 - #19 UCLA @ Arizona - FS1 - Arizona has been up and down; they have the potential to get the upset

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 2

I'm gonna quote myself from a different thread that is relevant to this topic.

I'm bored at work and this place is a ghost town right now so I am looking at rankings and conference standings trying to think up some fun scenarios for next Saturday. 

Oklahoma State beats (10)Oklahoma
(25)Kansas State beats (7)Texas
(11)Ole Miss beats A&M
(13)LSU(who lost to Ole Miss) beats (8)Alabama(who beat (11)Ole Miss)
(24)USC beats (5)Washington
Maryland beats (9)Penn State

I am iffy about the LSU game.  I don't want Kelly beating Saban 2 years in a row.  But this could setup some real madness in the rankings.  I feel like PSU is ripe for the picking for a good Maryland team.  Oklahoma could very easily lose a major rivalry game coming out of an upset loss.  KState has been playing well.  Hopefully USC wakes the frig up and wants to save their season and hopes for a PAC12 Championship.

Let the madness begin.

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

However, now that the CFP rankings have been released since I posted that, there is no way in hell that I want to see LSU beat Alabama.  I'd rather LSU get a third loss and Kelly suck a fat one.

I agree, I would rather Alabama win than LSU right now.

A&M beating Ole Miss would help ND as well

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

I agree, I would rather Alabama win than LSU right now.

A&M beating Ole Miss would help ND as well

Yea I was looking at what I posted and I don't remember where I was going with A&M losing to Ole Miss.  I think I was thinking common opponent for Bama/LSU.  Trying to get as many teams as possible in a tie so the SEC just completely screws itself out of a spot.  But yes A&M helps as well.  

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

However, now that the CFP rankings have been released since I posted that, there is no way in hell that I want to see LSU beat Alabama.  I'd rather LSU get a third loss and Kelly suck a fat one.

4 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Yea I was looking at what I posted and I don't remember where I was going with A&M losing to Ole Miss.  I think I was thinking common opponent for Bama/LSU.  Trying to get as many teams as possible in a tie so the SEC just completely screws itself out of a spot.  But yes A&M helps as well.  

Excited Reasonable Doubt GIF by Onyx Collective

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

#15 Notre Dame @ Clemson - Irish and it won't be that difficult.

#23 Kansas St @ #7 Texas -   I'm looking for K State to take it to TX here.

Texas A&M @ #10 Ole Miss  -  Another nail in Jimbo's coffin, picking Ole Miss in this game.

#12 Missouri @ #2 Georgia - I think this could be the upset special.

#9 Oklahoma @ #22 Oklahoma St - Okie St has turned their season around and take this game also.

#11 Penn State @ Maryland - No way Maryland wins this one.

#5 Washington @ #20 USC - Will be surprised if USC wins this.

#14 LSU @ #8 Alabama - Bama/Tommy Rees over LSU/BK.

#16 Oregon St @ Colorado - I've been impressed with what the Oregon St coach has done this season and last. Another loss for Deion.

#19 UCLA @ Arizona - This will be a tough game for UCLA, Arizona has quietly put together a pretty good season.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 2