Such a fine line between success and failure

Irish sit at 7-2 but a single play from losing to Duke and a single play from beating Ohio State.

image.png

Clemson sits 4-4. 3 close losses. One turnover ridden season opening mess at Duke 

image.png

I guess I write this to say I'm probably going to overreact to the result,

By the numbers ND has scored more points and allowed less.

Clemson is a very tough crowd number 4 FSU only scored 31

Lets see what the Irish are made of and enjoy it knowing they are going to a bowl game regardless. I know we want a big one to end the 30 year streak and all that we'll hear from the media. Remember, Only a 7 point difference between number 4 and 4-4 Clemson on 9/23/23 and only a 3 point difference between Number 3 OSU and ND ON THE SAME DAY!

Records are deceiving, This will be a battle probably until the final whistle. Don't let the records take the shine off this game.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 2

I hear ya, Faith. A big advantage for the Irish is the Clemson O is just not very good this season. Couple that with the fantastic year the ND defense is having and I think that spells trouble for Clemson.

The Clemson QB situation is puzzling. They had a great run early on in the Dabo era, Tajh Boyd followed by DeShaun Watson and then Trevor L. Then came the next two 5 stars, DJ and now Cade Klubnick. DJ was a disappointment for Clemson fans, though Oregon St seems very happy to have him. Cade hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire either. Has Dabo lost his touch developing QB's? Maybe he's been taking lessons from BK on QB development???  555

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

Agree on Clemsons O not being up to par for them.  Their running back is out also for concussion protocol.  I think part of their problem has been their success.  That is Dabo had successful coordinators who were with him for a long time, they moved onto other jobs.  I have no doubt that we would not have beaten up on their D like we did last season if Venables was still their DC.

Offensively they don't have the WR they had a few years ago who were equally good as the QB throwing to them.  Etienne was a great RB who could run and receive as well.  They don't have the playmaker they once did.  Their old QB DJU was/is good but he didn't have the weapons anymore and I think he was expected to do too much without them.

• Heart 2